• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to! Upload Images Directly to Forum

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hello everyone,

Good news, recent hosting package upgrade which gives us more bandwidth, we have decided to enable the attachments feature for all members, so that you can upload images and PDF documents to share with members directly from the forum.

The type of files you can upload are as follows: JPG, PNG, GIF & PDF, up to a size of 2Mb per file or/and maximum resolution of 1600 pixels in either direction.

Here is a quick guide on how to upload photos, there are two ways you can upload photos, when you start a new thread or when you use the quick reply at the footer of the threads, but the principle is the same for both:

attach01.png

When you click on "Upload a File", you will get a browser window, if you device supports flash you can upload multiple files at the same time, screen shot from a Windows computer:

attach02.png

You can select multiple files by holding down the Control key and clicking on all the images you want to upload, up to a maximum of 10 per post, once you selected the file(s) just cleck on Open. Your files will then start uploading to the server.

Once done you have 3 options to attach the images, if you do nothing and just submit the post/thread they will show at the bottom of the text you write in the post like this:

attach04.png

When you click on the small images a slideshow will pop up so you can view them in full size.

There are two more options to place images on your threads, after uploading the images you will see under the image file name "Thumbnail" and "Full Image", these buttons are there for you to add the images to your posts rather than attach all to the bottom of the post like shown above.

attach05.png

You can add them as thumbnails anywhere in the post which when clicked popup in full size, like this (I used the Thumbnail button for all images):

attach06.png

Or you can add them as full images anywhere in the post by clicking on the Full Image button:

attach07.png

This should now work from Tapatalk also to upload images directly to messages/topics. So no need to pay extra there to upload images.

Also all images posted on messages which are not using this feature will be automatically converted to attachments so that they will be hosted on UKAPS server and therefore will not disappear if removed from its source, this will prevent journals etc... having broken messages, once posted they will be there permanently.

Hope that helps and enjoy the built in feature now :)

Last edited:
Also all images posted on messages which are not using this feature will be automatically converted to attachments so that they will be hosted on UKAPS server and therefore will not disappear if removed from its source, this will prevent journals etc... having broken messages, once posted they will be there permanently.
This is excellent for future reference!

Superb!

I wonder whether the computer whizzes can program a function where a user can click on a started thread and get the forum to scarpe and upload all the links in that thread on to the forum? (perhaps ambitious?). This can be used to 'upgrade' existing threads....

Images I'm trying to upload from my phone are saying"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.". Never had problem with similar forums uploading. I'm just wondering wether this is due to me being a new member perhaps?

Hi I'm not very techy with things like that but what I can tell you is I'm using an iPhone 6. I was just trying to upload directly from my photo library. I managed to put some pics on using photobucket.

Hi I'm not very techy with things like that but what I can tell you is I'm using an iPhone 6. I was just trying to upload directly from my photo library. I managed to put some pics on using photobucket.

Most likely the images are too big for the restrictions we have as stated on the original post:

The type of files you can upload are as follows: JPG, PNG, GIF & PDF, up to a size of 2Mb per file or/and maximum resolution of 1600 pixels in either direction.

You will need to resize the images before uploading them.

Do pictures have to be attached now? I was trying to use [ img ] bb code and all I have is dots on my latest post.[/img]

Last edited:
Thought it was just me! I'm currently unable to embed from Photobucket new images, but the old ones from threads posted previously are working!

Do pictures have to be attached now? I was trying to use [ img ] bb code and all I have is dots on my latest post.[/img]
The images will be converted automatically to forum attachments and hosted on the forum server, so they are not lost in future. So once you submit it will replace your tags.

How do you get the image embedded into the post now? The Photobucket links don't seem compatible which is annoying.

I'm a scroller, and very rarely click the attachments down the bottom. Don't suppose I'm the only one.

How do you get the image embedded into the post now? The Photobucket links don't seem compatible which is annoying.
I'm a scroller, and very rarely click the attachments down the bottom. Don't suppose I'm the only one.
That has not changed, can you send me a URL and I will test, do not use photobucket!

So what Photobucket provide to Copy+Paste in is...

Code:
[URL=http://s442.photobucket.com/user/jagillham/media/Tropical/Sword51Days_zps1rmgldep.png.html][ATTACH=full]82383[/ATTACH][/URL]

Which when I try does this...

Sword51Days_zps1rmgldep.png

Attachments

• Sword51Days_zps1rmgldep.png
    Sword51Days_zps1rmgldep.png
    1 MB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
Back