• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to! Upload Images Directly to Forum

Left click the image...
Screenshot (216).png

Last edited:
Limit is 5600px, i am actually considering reducing this :p
Post automatically merged:

Saying that it might only be available for Moderators?.......
:confused:
its for everyone, could be interference with ad blockers

Limit is 5600px

It's not just related to pixel width though - as I mentioned above 5500 x 3085 loads fine, but 5500 x 3667 doesn't, so there must be a vertical pixel count limit too? Or a total pixel count limit?

i am actually considering reducing this :p

That's fine with me, I just want to know what the actual limits are so I can set up default resizing in my editing software.

as I mentioned above 5500 x 3085 loads fine, but 5500 x 3667 doesn't, so there must be a vertical pixel count limit too? Or a total pixel count limit?
Its the same value for both directions, it might push the file size above the 20Mb limit also!
Post automatically merged:

as I mentioned above 5500 x 3085 loads fine
But then again you found your own answer anyway!

Its the same value for both directions, it might push the file size above the 20Mb limit also!

It can't be - the Jpeg files are less than 3MB - a 5600px x 5600px image definitely wouldn't upload.

But then again you found your own answer anyway!

Well I didn't really, it's a 'wet finger in the air' to test the wind speed kind of result, not the actual limits (which bugs me 😂)

It must be a total pixel count limit - a 7000px x 2000px (374kb) images loads and shows fine:

Test image 7000 x 2000 - 374kb.jpg

I will have a look at some stage, just stick to 1920x1080pixel photos which is more than enough for now :p
Could be a limitation of PHP also! maybe I was over ambitious with the max size!

I now know why I am always running out of space on the server due to attachments! lol last batch of disk space I added is costing an extra £200 a year! :p

Hi all,
I now know why I am always running out of space on the server due to attachments! lol last batch of disk space I added is costing an extra £200 a year!
Smaller images required .............. May have gone a bit too reductionist, but less than 1 KB now.

Test image 7000 x 2000 - 374kb.jpg

Obviously I'm a shoddy photographer, but I've just re-edited these on the PC, where I had taken the photo and up-loaded it straight from the phone, and they've gone from several MB each to 670 KB for both - <"Ripe for Picking: a Guide to Collecting your own Bountiful Botanicals">.

cheers Darrel

I now know why I am always running out of space on the server due to attachments! lol last batch of disk space I added is costing an extra £200 a year! :p
That's why a lot of my images are of smaller sizes!

Back