• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP Inline Diffuser query?

I have superglued the check valves onto the tubing and of course the inline diffuser is secured with the nut, and both connections on the bubble counter are secured with plastic nuts also.

Just a question!
I was sitting here this morning at 4.30am in the peace and quiet, and every so often I could hear a psssst....it sounded as if it was coming from the filter.
Is it possible that if I am using a high rate of co2 some of it could go down the inlet pipe and therefore cause some co2 to collect in the filter, and therefore cause some cavitation and the expelling the excess co2 overnight?
I will add that my co2 went of at 6pm the night before.

Most like still got air in your filter. Try turning it off a while (30 seconds) then back on to see if it expels air. My JBL1500 behaves like this, take quite a few power cycles to get all the air out after opening it up.

Thanks ian...problem is I have not had the "lid off" my Eheim in over a week... although prior to that I was inputting co2 directly into the outflow but that was over a week ago also!

Gurgling from a filter can be a number of things - trapped co2 gas or if your plants are pearling like mad then extra oxygen bubbles... it will work its way out eventually though... but can be a little annoying.

What I normally do if I have this is after opening up the filter for maintenance or if I hear some air gurgling is when the filter is running, just gently tilt it backwards.... that normally will force the air out quicker :thumbup:

It is definitely the co2 going down the wrong way!! It has got worse since the co2 came on and although I am injecting loads of bubbles, not so many are coming out of the spray bar. Now I have to decide on whether it is the inline diffuser at fault as I can ill afford to get another one that may give the same result.

Back