• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up Atomizer problem

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi every one
I have a up atomizer 12/16 on my outlet filter (fluval 305) with a working pressure of 2,7 bar. It is a new one running since two weeks now.
My problem is that when I want to crank up the co2 instead of having a fine mist, I got a mist + BIG bubbles of CO2. And because of this I can't reach the proper CO2 concentration in my tank.
So I have tried to put it on the inlet but I got too much gas building up in my filter. And every 5 min it get out of the outlet in big bubbles.
I wanted to know if any one have already have this issue with this product ?
Is it because my working pressure is too high ? Or the atomizer is clog since the factory ?
I am a bit confuse and would like to have a help because I am loosing my HC and my riccia.
I have turn off one of the two bulb and set the light higher than it was.

Thanks for your time guys

Cheers

Are you using the ribbed fluval hose ? Ive read that co2 can get caught in the ribs then once the bubble grows it releases as a big bubble instead of a mist

hello
i have read some where that it could be because the device is a bit dirty from the factory. So i have deeply clean it with bleach for long time and plug it again.
It was working well and i was happy. This happiness was not very long because the next morning the same old story again, mist + big bubbles !!!
So i don't know why it's working for 12 hours and than not working anymore maybe because the pressure is too high and when it reach the highest point it not that efficient ? Should i try to put a lower working pressure ??? Or should i order a new one and wait for 3 weeks to get it ?

I am a bit confuse !!!

cheers guys

I haven't been using mine for a month or so and the last time I used it the bubble counter exploded. I have replaced the bubble counter and turned it back on but I'm afraid of the bubble counter exploding again if it isn't working properly. I can't see any mist or bubbles coming from the spray bar, so how would I know if this is the case? Would a pressure be building up in my atomizer and it might explode? Any advice would be great :)

well , i got myself a really neat LOOKING glass atomiser with built in backstop/bubblecounter from a wellknown online store but am having similar issues with the outlet from it. Whereas i was epecting a fine mist, i get a miks of bubble sives with (obviously) the larger ones rushing straight uo to the surface straight past my filter inlet beneath which the atomiser is. have treied cleaning it but to no avail ........a crappy piece of kit thats style over substance or just a faulty piece that i should request replacement of ?????? , anyone ?

I have tried several different brands of glass atomisers and found this to be the problem. I wasn't sure if it was the atomiser or not so i got in touch with the seller and they swapped it for another one which did the same. After this they swapped it once more and then offered me a refund if this one was poor quality. I'd say just get in touch because they might have had a few poor ones back already.

Guys I have a question
Maybe it is a stupid one but need an answer for it lol.
Does the up inline need to beed working on a vertical position or it can work Horizontally also ??
Because I am still having big bubbles coming out of my second up inline.

thanks for your answer

It should not make any difference how it is placed, what will make a difference is the type of co2 line & the amount of pressure you apply.
There does seem to be some variation from one device to the next, that is why we see so many problems on the forum.
If you have good line & connections then try using 3-4bar if your reg will coupe!
I am not a fan of these devices anymore due to the hight working pressure required by many of the units!

There seem to be two standard sizes 10'' & 20'' unfortunately the 20'' can be pretty expensive but if you can find one second hand that would make a fantastic reator.
There vessals are normally used as under sink mains water purification units but lots of them are blue in colour & not transprant. If you can find a clear 20'' one it will work very well with upto 4-5000 lph , the cheaper blue one will also work but you just cant see what is happening!
I use a 12'' model on my 200l tank with 21.5 mm pipe & about 2.500lph ... It works very well indeed but the 12'' models are hard to find.

It is impossible for me to find a clear PVC tube here in Kinshasa !!
20" is how tall the tube must be ? what would be the diameter 3" ?

But I can find easily a big water purificator here. That's strange how you can't find simple things like clear PVC but you can find any size of water purificator here hahaha

HI
I just had an idea and wanted to know if it could work.
So my up aqua is giving me stream of fine bubbles + big bubbles.
Here is the solution I just had, correct me if it's not a good one.

So just after my up aqua I connect a minijet 700 like that it can crush all the big bubbles that escape from the up aqua and continue to the spraybar. so it is just adding an power head to existing set up.
My only concern is that, maybe the plus of the minijet can empty the canister filter by pulling more water than what the fluval can pull.

so what do you think about it ??
I will try it as soon as I arrive at home. So I will let you know if it works.

cheers

I did try Fox but the problem is that I am injecting at High rate (no live stock) so I have a huge building up of co2 in the filter and it makes a lot of noise and every 5 min a got a big blast of gas in the tank.

Back