• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up Atomizer problem

Guys I have a question
Maybe it is a stupid one but need an answer for it lol.
Does the up inline need to be working on a vertical position or it can work Horizontally also ??
Because I am still having big bubbles coming out of my second up inline.

thanks for your answer

Hi
Not sure it makes much difference.
Here is a few tips on running the UP atomiser.
Attach the UP atomiser to the out flow tubing side of the filter...this keeps the atomiser cleaner.
Keep your filter clean.
Keep your in-pipe basket clean and free from debris...if you have a sponge/shrimp cover clean it regularly.
Check your tubing connected to your filter head...this can work lose and let air in.... (but not leak).
Attach a non-return valve on the Co2 tubing approx 6 inches before the UP atomiser.
Clean the UP atomiser with bleach every few months.
hoggie

Reactions: tim
Hi
Not sure it makes much difference.
Here is a few tips on running the UP atomiser.
Attach the UP atomiser to the out flow tubing side of the filter...this keeps the atomiser cleaner.
Keep your filter clean.
Keep your in-pipe basket clean and free from debris...if you have a sponge/shrimp cover clean it regularly.
Check your tubing connected to your filter head...this can work lose and let air in.... (but not leak).
Attach a non-return valve on the Co2 tubing approx 6 inches before the UP atomiser.
Clean the UP atomiser with bleach every few months.
hoggie

Hi Hogan,

thanks for your input mate.
All previous have already been done.
My up aqua is connected to the out flow
filter is clean
no sponge and tubing clean
tubing is well connected to the filter, I have turn off the CO2 and after a minute or two no more bubbles, so it's not that.
my non return valve is at 25 cm from the device.
up atomizer is clean have clean it a week ago and it has been clean 1,5 month ago in bleach solution.

maybe my injection rate is too high for these atomizer ? I above 3 bars and I have to reduce my Ph from 7 to 4,9 so rate is very high.
I don't think it's a faulty one, because wen I had the same problem on the first one I have order an other one and same behavior happened.

best regards

Hi
Why do you need to reduce your PH from 7 to 4.9?
Do you use a bubble counter and what make?
If so ditch the counter and try.....the UP atomiser without....because that is where your problem can be...so test.
Obviously....you need to monitor this over a set period.....if you have live stock.
I turn my Co2 on manually....when i come home from work for 1 to 2 hours...then i switch the lights on.
I start work at 6am....and home at 2pm.
hoggie

Hi

no I have not resolved the problem mate !
I have reduce a bit light and CO2 like that I don't have that soda sound coming from my tank.
I don't use bubble counter, it is directly connected.

cheers

I had a very similar problem with mine when I first brought it...I know you've cleaned it but sometimes it can take a little longer to clear. I would leave it to soak overnight in 1:1 lime-scale bleach and water, this should remove any organics, calcium carbonate, and any remaining dirt from the manufacturing process. If it still doesn't work use neat bleach; I have in the past and the atomizer seems none the worse for it. And if that don't work it's definitely broken...

Back