• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Up Aqua diffuser before a foam filled filter

Tried similar things, but the would end up burping co2 at some point. I prefer using the atomizer after the filter, pushing it to a sera reactor. I get a 100% dissolution, even with 10+ bubbles per second.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Should be. I use an Eheim 2075 (1250l/h) on a 60l tank. Actual water throughput is around 500l/h.

These eheim filters are terrible when you compare described/actual water throughput.

I used a spray bar and now switched to a poppy lily pipe. Both cases flow is completely fine.

Back to topic, try the Sera CO2 1000 Reactor. It really works. The rotating action really helps. There is no build up left when CO2 is off.

A APS filter booster half filled with plastic pan scrubber works as well and is alot less flow restrictive than the sera, Ive tryed both.

I used to have a Dennerl (?) co2 reactor somewhere. I was trying to find it. I think it's in the loft.

I've ordered the Sera. I've got a Eheim 600T and 600 classic running, so flow shouldn't be an issue. If the Sera really can dissolve all the co2 before leaving the reactor, then I don't see why it can't go before the filter which should improve output. It's a 16/22 in and a 12/16 out on the 600 classic.

Dont know if it would work that way or not to be honest. You could give it a try.
But you need the force from the flow from the filter to drive the propeller on the sera, I think the filter input is gravity driven,When the pump takes water from the canister back to your tank its the gravity that pulls water through the input to fill the canister with water again.

Last edited:
It most likely will not improve the output.
Both inflow and outflow should have similar results.

I use an atomizer plus the reactor. What is your filter throughput?

I did a test:
1. Stopped filter.
2. Filled almost half of the reactor with co2
3. Turn filter back on.
4. In a minute is all dissolved.

I will make a video for you.

1000lph

Sounds like I need to do some serious plumbing to get a diffuser in front of the reactor. Will be interesting to see how you have it set up.
I will make a video.
There is always a bit of air inside during injection. But it only lasts 30 min after CO2 shuts down, and I know it is technically not CO2 anymore.

Thats how it is setup here.
My atomizer is 12/16, therefore I had to use the adapters.

07d4b0185f2df68d9e8d8b1fd2eaab03.jpg

I used to get the same problem with the sera reactor too.
Using the original co2 input, after a couple of hours running co2 it would fill the top 3rd of the reactor and reduce the flow to near zero. That's the reason I went the filter booster diffuser method I use now.
Never thought of using the diffuser before the reactor for co2 input. Could have got away with buying the filter booster as both methods work basically the same way.

Back