• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Untitled II

clonitza

Hi guys,

I know some people are wondering what is my next low tech project so here it is.

Some specs:
Tank: GA Opti-white 60x30x36 cm (big thanks Viktor)
Filtration: JBL e700
Heating: Jager 75w
Light: Resun 2 x 15w T8 Osram 865
Soil: Oliver Knott Nature Soil (Contra-Soil) + ADA Sarawak Sand (thanks Tobi)
Stones: Seiryu
Plants: Eleocharis parvula, Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan", Plagiomnium cf. affine and some temporary in the back: HZ, Rotala rotudifolia, Egeria densa
Ferts: Easy Carbo, Aqua Rebell Spezial K, ADA Green Gain for the first week and the next one I'll add Tropica Plant Grow Premium Fertiliser and Aqua Rebell Spezial N.

I never worked with Nature Soil but I'm happy I chose it over Aqua Soil since the water is pristine from the day one. I'm not totally satisfied with horizon line, I need to tweak it a little bit at the next water change 'cause it's too flat for my taste.

8492321479_ea2da4810b_h.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

Really nice photography Mike, and again it looks very crisp and clean. Really nice placement of the HC japan on the rock. There is only one thing...that gap underneath the main stone is drawing my eyes there every time i look at the pic. Have you thought about placing a small rock there to deflect the light coming through?

Hi Ian, thanks for the comment, yes you are right about that gap, I plan working with the plants to cover it, I have some ideas but for now I need to let them grow a bit. I still need to think about the background plants, the ones that are there are just planted temporary till I find some suitable ones to complement the scape.

Cheers,
Mike

great scape love the stones and i totally agree about the gap and it draws you to it but once plants there you wont even notice but love the scape wil be following this one.

Thanks dean

Very nice scape!:clap:

i would not worry about the gap, once the stems fill in, the light won’t be able to push through. If it still seems to be a problem some fissidens or liver wort (pelia) ect would look good.

i agree with the horizontal line. However if you increase the height of the left and right "banks" i would leave that gap between the stone open. Once grown in having light punch throw the bottom will have a significant influence in depth. kinda like seeing light at the end of a cave?

the tripartita i would only have on the left side and on the feature rock. Let the right side fill with HG. a constant row of the same plant gives a feeling of redundancy witch is uncommon in nature. :)

I must be the odd one out I love the gap .. really enjoy your hardsacpe and with the extra height you mention i think it will look superb
+1 on that, I love the gap too :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys for the great comments, especially to Lloyd, I appreciate any advice. I need to have a little bit of patience though before doing any tweaks, I really want to run this one without any issues.
So far everything's ok, added a bit of npk, still not sure how much should I add with this soil, might start adding once every 3 days and micro/K/EC every day like the last week. :)

Have some trial plants in the tank since yesterday, mostly because the other tank is having a reset next week. E. mini is growing a bit slow so I added some lilaeopsis brasilensis to the mix.
Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan" is gone for now, I added some bits of anchor that I found creeping in the other tank, I think it will look way better on the rock once fully grown.
I trimmed rotala a third time and it's looking nice and bushy behind the rock, not sure it will be a keeper but for now I need a fast growing plant.

8563915883_b8aa6dafa6_h.jpg

Hard to make the little **** stay for a photo, hope I can come with a better picture next time :)
8565017864_70bef4bb50_b.jpg

Next update at the end of the month after I receive the fish and some new shrimps.
Need to identify the floating plant.

Cheers,
Mike

That really looks the business now Mike! That's made a great difference covering the gap over.

This is turning out to be one of my fave iwagumis. Perfect photography once again. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! Closing the gap was one of challenges, choosing the background plants is another, I wan't it a bit grown and more colorful in the back than usual iwagumis, in two-three weeks I hope I can show you what I have in mind. :)

Stu, I'm dosing now 3.6ml daily using a the new Tropica bottle, shrimps don't seem to be affected, I might increase the dosage when the tank is fully grown.

If anyone wonders the floater is Hygroryza aristata.

Cheers,
Mike

What is it with you Mike.....those shrimp pics are of two different shrimp, yet in almost identical positions on the same rock!!, first ottos, now shrimp ;)

Tank is looking great as others have said, I too prefer the 'gap' filled.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks guys, hope I can come up with a new full tank shot soon.
Yes Ady, crazy critters crawling on the same rock :lurking: Actually I took around 30 pics before I got some with the eyes in focus. :)

Trimmed rotala for the 5th time I think, crazy grower in low light. wish it didn't grow so straight though, looks like bamboo sticks lol.
Have got a nice shoal of baby rasbora espei, can't shoot them macro, they swim like crazy now.

That's it for now.

Cheers,
Mike

Back