• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Under The Mangrove Tree.

Ian Holdich

Just thought i'd share with you what i have been slogging my guts out with since 17.00 tonight. Just got finished, been planning this for 24 hours now.

I'll give a little run down of the tank specs...

Tank - Eheim 80cm
Filter - Eheim 2073 (great filter!)
C02 - Inline @ 1 bps
Ferts - Tropica advanced 5 pumps a day
Substrate - Florabase
Hardscape - JBL Bogwood

quick pic

8091580295_a2eb91e11e.jpg
IMG_2748 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

more tomorrow when the water clears. :thumbup:

Re: New 80cm (no name as yet)

Wow!
'I like em big, I like em chunky....'
Love the look of that mate.
Actually I'm a bit envious, it looks great :D

thanks Ady, i don't think good old bogwood is used often enough in scapes. I was going through some of Amanos early scapes today and he used bogwood to great effect. I thought i'd have a go. Thanks again mate.

Thats bogwood ? WOW ! Nicest looking bits I have seen for ages. I thought it was big ass chunky Manzanita mate. Nice :thumbup:

yep, just good old fashioned Mangrove bogwood. Time to add loads of carbon! lol

water has cleared lovely, i'm really pleased with the way it's turned out.

and thank you for the comment Stu, much appreciated! :thumbup:

Re: The Mangrove

Now that's what I call a fast turn around !!! It looks great Ian and you would not think its is just less than 1day old, the wood looks fab as well - are you putting the same livestock back in or are you having a change?
I'll sure be watching this progress and can't wait to see the plants fill in - Sir Evans sure has given you some great inspiration :thumbup:

Looks like very promising scape! I will keep a close eye on this one :geek: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now that's what I call a fast turn around !!! It looks great Ian and you would not think its is just less than 1day old, the wood looks fab as well - are you putting the same livestock back in or are you having a change?
I'll sure be watching this progress and can't wait to see the plants fill in - Sir Evans sure has given you some great inspiration

thank you Gary, theres no point in hanging around when the ideas are floating around. Theres going to be different livestock in here.

Looks like very promising scape! I will keep a close eye on this one

Thanks for your comment Antoni!

Funny was looking through amano complete works last night and thought you don't see bogwood used much... And here it is, executed brilliantly.
Is the foreground Lil. New zealandae. ( spell?)
Top job.

Thank you mate, it must be something in the name Iain! i was doing the exact same thing. The foreground is Lilaeopsis, looking forward to having a grass carpet.

Top job you've done there Ian! Well done!

Thank you Harry much appreciated mate.

thanks Iain, we'll see what happens.

here's a vid from tonight (please view in 720p)

Nice tank, nice video :clap:
Cardinal tetras would look awesome in there too.
You been swiping Marks rare echinodorus plant?
Cheerio
Ady

Looking good so far Ian, nice vid too.

Seems very bright for just two grobeam 500's or did you use extra lighting?

Thanks Dan, it's just 2 grobeams over the top. The exposure was set at -3 as well. They do throw off some light IMO.

Nice strong hardscape there Ian will be another excellent scape to add to the portfolio is the tall grassy plant to the left and right of the rear cypress helfri ? Which lilaeopsis sp did you use ? Maybe easier if I just said can you post a list of flora used very strong work mate

Thank you Tim, yes the grassy plant is Cypress, and it's Lilaeopsis brasiliensis. I will get a full plant list up.

Nice tank, nice video
Cardinal tetras would look awesome in there too.
You been swiping Marks rare echinodorus plant?
Cheerio
Ady

Cheers Ady, I wish i had swiped it while he wasn't looking...thats aponogeton red in the back there.

Back