• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Pico Contest Judging thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name: Alex Hinchcliffe

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 6x6.5x6.5cm

Aquascape Name: Sweet Memories...

Hardscape/Materials used: Grey Pebbles, Pea Gravel, Light comes from a desk lamp

Plants: Fissidens Fontanus

Fertilisation: Not Sure yet

About the aquascape: Errrm not much to say really, I arranged/tied the rocks tonight and filled it up, stil need to work out what fertiliser's to dose. The tank is an old sweet jar, hence the name. Woth mentioning I suppose that this cost nothing.

DSC_1612.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1617.jpg

Cheers
Alex

Journal: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8794

Name: Lozbug

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): H-16cm x W-17cm x D-9.5cm (about 2.5L)

Aquascape Name: The Elle

Hardscape/Materials used: tropical gravel (crushed coral), stone, twigs

Plants: Java Moss

Fertilisation: API Leaf Zone (.4ml p/d)

About the aquascape:This cost me nothing but time, everything was already owned... tank, lamp, gravel, stone, moss from my fancy goldies tank. Going for a driftwood/beach feel.

UKAPSNovComp001.jpg

UKAPSNovComp004.jpg

UKAPSNovComp008.jpg

UKAPSNovComp010.jpg

UKAPSNovComp011.jpg

Lozbug said:
I'm out, there was an accident while i was away with work, the tank isn't pretty to look at now! Oh well.

Thanks for comments, good luck everyone.

Journal: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8690

Name: Neil

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 12 x 16 x 7cm

Aquascape Name: Mossy Stream

Hardscape/Materials used: LFS mini landscape rock, ADA Forest Sand Xingu, TGM graded gravels

Plants: Java Moss

Fertilisation:
5 drops of TPN+ daily
5 drops of EasyCarbo daily

About the aquascape:
Inspired from the 'wedded rocks' Meoto-Iwa in Japan, my current nano 'Mountain Stream', and the detail in different sized mossy rocks in rivers. I wanted to experiment with using pure RO (in my normal tank its mixed with tap) and occasional carbonated spring water (when I know Im not taking photos because of the bubbles!). The 'tank' itself is an acrylic record card box that I bought from work for £4. Lighting comes from a 20w halogen desk lamp already existed in use as a desk lamp. The Java moss comes from my previous nano setup as I felt bad for not using any in my new tank. In the post is an Azoo Mignon 60 filter that was £6.79. Hopefully I'll get it going before the start date just because I'm feeling lazy with the water changes, it will add some needed flow, and I also want to keep going with the tank after the comp.

pico001.jpg

pico002.jpg

pico003.jpg

pico004.jpg

Journal: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8742

Name: aquaticmaniac

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 13cmx11cmx9.5cm

Aquascape Name: My Fault

Hardscape/Materials used: A stone found in my garden and broken into pieces

Plants: To be announced; most probably java moss.

Fertilisation: N/A

About the aquascape: The container is made from a cylindrical shipping container I got for free last year. I cut the cylinder in half lengthwise and siliconed the insert it came with into place to make the bottom. It looks a bit scratchy dry, but reasonable when filled with water. The substrate was taken from an existing riparium.
I couldn't find a decent amount of small interesting stones, so I took a machine hammer to the one I could find :D I'm going to have to reseal the bottom before I fill it. It held water for a couple days, but after moving it around, I've noticed a leak. That's what I get for being frugal with the sealant.
The idea is to have very low moss in the back and to the sides of the largest stones. I might even play with having it deep in the valley, if I can get it to work. To me, the 'scape is reminiscent of faults that can form mountains. Since I also used one broken rock for the hardscape, I thought it all tied in nicely.

This is just an initial shot. I'll get some better photos later.
pi085.jpg

---------------Final Pics---------------

myfaultnov09.jpg

MyFaultNov09-1.jpg

MyFaultNov09-2.jpg

Journal: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8662

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back