• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Meet in Spring 2023

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

We were going to have a little meet up to celebrate 15 years of UKAPS, but due to Admins/Mods having a busy year it didnt happen and we decided to move it to the spring of 2023.

We have teamed up with one of the UKAPS sponsors @Aquarium Gardens and we have set a date of Sunday the 26th of March 2023, we just wanted to announce the date so people can pencil that in to their calendars, AG will open on the Sunday just for the UKAPS meet, there will be some food and drinks provided on the day and will be a great opportunity to meet the UKAPS Team and some of it's members, and if you haven't been, have a tour of AG and it's aquascaping gallery (I haven't been yet)!!

Thanks to @Tim Harrison and @Geoffrey Rea for kicking this off, @Aquarium Gardens for hosting the meet up and @Courtneybst and @shangman for offering to help with organizing the event and assistance on the day too :)

We will announce early next year what are the plans for the day and we would welcome some suggestions too.

Many thanks
Paulo

Like Paulo mentioned above, AG will open exclusively for UKAPS, so the more the merrier. It's always great to meet other members and put faces to names. And if you haven't been to AG before it's well worth the trip, even from Scotland ;)

1669072268578.gif

Sorry, but I didn't understand where is the meeting place?

Yes party in the car park, maybe a bbq, and yes the tills will be open. AG is usually closed but will open up exclusively for us 🙂

It’ll be a blast, complete with sticky name tags perhaps, so we know who’s who. Always good to know who you’re chatting to, and to put faces to names.

Aswell as a party in the car park, do you reckon there would be any interest in a second hand Aquascaping Jumble/aquatic carboot? (Or is that unfair to AG?) I’m about to try to get rid of a light that’s going to be a pain to post, but if we’re all in one place in person…

Hi everyone,

We were going to have a little meet up to celebrate 15 years of UKAPS, but due to Admins/Mods having a busy year it didnt happen and we decided to move it to the spring of 2023.

We have teamed up with one of the UKAPS sponsors @Aquarium Gardens and we have set a date of Sunday the 26th of March 2023, we just wanted to announce the date so people can pencil that in to their calendars, AG will open on the Sunday just for the UKAPS meet, there will be some food and drinks provided on the day and will be a great opportunity to meet the UKAPS Team and some of it's members, and if you haven't been, have a tour of AG and it's aquascaping gallery (I haven't been yet)!!

Thanks to @Tim Harrison and @Geoffrey Rea for kicking this off, @Aquarium Gardens for hosting the meet up and @Courtneybst and @shangman for offering to help with organizing the event and assistance on the day too :)

We will announce early next year what are the plans for the day and we would welcome some suggestions too.

Many thanks
Paulo
I wish I can visit this one.

It would be nice to meet more of our members from overseas. Perhaps calling the forum the United Kingdom Aquatic Plant Society doesn't always seem entirely appropriate since the international membership is growing apace, especially from North America.

It would be nice to meet more of our members from overseas. Perhaps calling the forum the United Kingdom Aquatic Plant Society doesn't always seem entirely appropriate since the international membership is growing apace, especially from North America.

I wish I can visit this one. If you've been unsuccessful in your search for a website that provides French translation services, I can help. You may find assistance with your French translations over here. This website offers quality translation services, therefore I could utilize it to translate some of my own documents.
Yeah, I agreed with you :)

Back