• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS I NEED YOUR HELP!

Sooooo.....

I got speaking to a good friend and accomplished aquascaper you prompted me to check my RO water.

I was sure they were fairly good but when I tested the tds I was shocked as I got a reading of 177!! I havnt tested my water hardness for years so following his advice I jumped on amazon and grabbed a GH and KH test kit.

Today they arrived and the results are quite shocking!

Tank water - 17GH, KH 14
"RO" water - 14GH, KH 13

Needless to say I have a new filter set arriving today.. with the stock water being hard and then me overdosing the salts I can only imagine at it's peak what the tank GH was!

Chris

Sooooo.....

I got speaking to a good friend and accomplished aquascaper you prompted me to check my RO water.

I was sure they were fairly good but when I tested the tds I was shocked as I got a reading of 177!! I havnt tested my water hardness for years so following his advice I jumped on amazon and grabbed a GH and KH test kit.

Today they arrived and the results are quite shocking!

Tank water - 17GH, KH 14
"RO" water - 14GH, KH 13

Needless to say I have a new filter set arriving today.. with the stock water being hard and then me overdosing the salts I can only imagine at it's peak what the tank GH was!

Chris

Wow, yes, sounds like your RO membrane has failed, or isn't seated properly in the housing causing a bypass. It's always worth having an inline TDS meter on your RO unit. I have this unit which tells me the TDS of both the incoming and product water.

Amazon product ASIN B01CR4TC5U

Wow, yes, sounds like your RO membrane has failed, or isn't seated properly in the housing causing a bypass. It's always worth having an inline TDS meter on your RO unit. I have this unit which tells me the TDS of both the incoming and product water.

Amazon product ASIN B01CR4TC5U
I have two of those, One sensor on each of the outlets from the RO Membranes, and then one sensor on the outlet of my first DI pod, and the second on the outlet of the second DI pod ... Not forgetting the single sensor unit on the mains feed :D ... Overkill?? Yeah, quite probably, but at least I know when my membranes and DI resin need changing. ... Well, and it's "Toys" isn't it ? :D

I have two of those, One sensor on each of the outlets from the RO Membranes, and then one sensor on the outlet of my first DI pod, and the second on the outlet of the second DI pod ... Not forgetting the single sensor unit on the mains feed :D ... Overkill?? Yeah, quite probably, but at least I know when my membranes and DI resin need changing. ... Well, and it's "Toys" isn't it ? :D
It may take day to calibrate all of them :D

Back