1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

UKAPS 10% Discount 48hrs Left!

Discussion in 'Biotopia UK' started by Biotopia UK, 4 Feb 2017.

1. Biotopia UK

Biotopia UK Sponsor Staff Member

Hi All!

As a thank you for the warm welcome and celebrating our recent sponsorship of UKAPS we would like to offer everyone a 10% discount for a limited time only, as well as offering discounted custom sized tanks (see pinned post at the top of the sub forum).

Use the discount code: UKAPS to receive 10% off.

www.biotopia-uk.com

Thanks again!

Oliver

hogan53 likes this.
  2. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

Thanks, just ordered the 30cm with light. Was going to get it a month ago and was in two minds so the discount equated to free shipping and made my mind up :thumbup:

3. Biotopia UK

Haha thank you for your order, the setup will be with you before 16:00 on Tuesday! :)

Let us know when it arrives and what you think!

4. imak

imak Member

Beautiful tanks, but would be better without the laser engraved logo

markk likes this.
  5. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

I can live with it. I suppose if it bothered you that much you could put it to the back of the tank or side.
    I have an ADA tank with a sticker on that I leave because it sort of says quality. These tanks look like they have a premium feel about them, only time will tell but I know what you mean for the purists among us.
    At least the name says what it is, a biotope. If it was a different brand name I would probably turn it round.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

imak likes this.
  6. imak

imak Member

A sticker would be better. The logo is quite obtrusive, and goes a bit against the idea of seamless glue and almost transparent glass. It just stands out to much. It would stand out less if, for example, it was on the bottom. Then if you didn't want to see it, one could just put it to the back.
    Sorry for posting this here, but I think you(biotopia) would benefit with that change.

7. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

I was torn between the Dennerle cube which came with a filter but to be fair I already have the filtration and heating from a previous so that would have been surplus to requirements.

The lighting wasn't as good looking on the Dennerle and wasn't dimmable either so at around the same price I think these tanks have came in at the correct price point.

The 10% discount is a nice little sweetener.

8. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

Yeah I think you're right. I know quite a lot of people here that would be annoyed / put off by it so from the manufacturers point of view if it loses one sale it's one too many. Would be a good idea if people had the option.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

9. Biotopia UK

We are incredibly grateful for the detailed feedback we have received.

I would however like to emphasise that the motivation for positioning the laser engraving in such a way is to allow the waterline to rest neatly beneath our logo. You can be assured that there was considerable (often frustrating!) deliberation over this positioning, but we really wished to reflect Biotopia's sleek, minimal aesthetic in the branding of our tanks; something we felt would fall a little flat with the use of a (cheap) branded sticker. As a company that wishes to champion aquatic artistry, we are also proud of the aquariums we offer and thus our Biotopia logo is a fitting symbol of the quality we provide.

IMG_3751.jpg