• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

type of filter for 60x30x30cm tank

Paulus

I am looking for a nice filter for my 60x30x30cm tank. I found the Eheim 2211. Can i use this for my tank? or is it to strong? i owned a 2213 before and it was way to strong for the tank (water was splashing around :p)

any suggestions?

The Eheim 2211 is probably under-rated for a high energy planted tank. I'm surprised you found the 2213 too much. What outlet were you using?

I use a 1200lph external on a same size tank (higher rating than an Eheim 2217...)

Check out this thread for more filter related info -

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11056

A 2211 would be fine for a fish-only or low-tech planted tank.

1200l/h :crazy: that much for a tank this size?

When i tested the 2213 i used the normal eheim outflow (tube with the small holes) and tested it with lily pipe outflow. it will be a iwagumi style tank. the tank is 54L (lets say 50 with the stones in it)

i use a 2217 on my bigger tank.

More flow the better. I used a 1200lph too, and for a short while I had an additional 700lph giving a total of 1900lph on exactly the same tank. Once you have a inline heater in there and lily pipes the drop in flow is noticeable.

Back