• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two Fish Deaths in Two Days

Tommy

Hi everyone, I have lost two boesmani rainbow fish in two days with no apparent reason as to why, they have just disappeared from the tank. I cant even find the bodies. My ammonia is 0 my nitrite's 0 and my nitrates 0. Ph is around 6.4 during the co2 cycle and 7 without co2. Tank is well planted and has been running now for 8-9 weeks fish were put in on week 5.

Ive had these fish for a few years, they were around 2 1/2 inches in size so not small, anyone have any ideas as to why? Is it because its a relatively new tank? Do you think the bodies have been eaten by the other fish? as I cant find them.

Fish can wedge themselves in the strangest and smallest of places. When a larger fish dies in my tank its remains will be visible for a few days even if it gets scavenged. So probably 1) jumped ( behind the tank or so) or 2) stuck somewhere behind a filter or wood or so.

Fish can wedge themselves in the strangest and smallest of places. When a larger fish dies in my tank its remains will be visible for a few days even if it gets scavenged. So probably 1) jumped ( behind the tank or so) or 2) stuck somewhere behind a filter or wood or so.

Hi Ed my tank has a lid so couldn't have jumped out, I looked behind the tank and underneath etc just to make sure. I will have another look in the tank :)

2 1/2 in sounds small for bosemani, even females I’d expect over 3in SL

Depending what you mean by a few years, they may be getting to an age where some will drop off BUT I’d expect to see physical signs of age first

2 1/2 in sounds small for bosemani, even females I’d expect over 3in SL

Depending what you mean by a few years, they may be getting to an age where some will drop off BUT I’d expect to see physical signs of age first

Had them around 3 years or so, they might be a bit bigger than 2 1//2 its hard to say without taking one out and trying to measure it, they were females.

Back