• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two’s a crowd…..

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
thought I would share my most recent scape.
I didn’t have a name for it as I haven’t done a journal so thought of one fast…..I guess with only two main stones :eek: it doesn’t conform so in this instance, ‘two’s a crowd’….
This was supposed to be a fill in scape (hence no journal) but it has been a little awkward and has only just settled 5 weeks in. Perhaps I should retrospectively journal it to show it’s development, problems and recovery.

Still a little filling in to do and some shaping of the h’ra, but much happier with it now than a couple of weeks ago :lol:

1EBF270D-B322-468E-9B18-AB6725B711C5.jpeg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Looks fantastic! What kind of a background are you using there?
Hi, thanks, it’s an ADA lightscreen with blue to white graded film.

Really good Ady, lovely 3D perspective in that photo!
cheers, I think the lightscreen helps with that effect.

Damn son, that’s a nice little scape!

Be sure to replace the rotala with a grass at some point, it has real classic amano bones.
Is it slate or similar? Reminds me of the rocks I collected in North Wales.

I love the artwork above the tank in case you get sick of looking at the tank :p Must be your fish corner.
Ha yeah, it is really, I’ve got fish art and an image of my previous tank. I’ll be adding to the pictures with more images of my scapes….
78991263-A599-434B-967E-E472C84C2AF5.jpeg

Very nice rocks! Glad you decided it deserved a journal!
Yeah love the rocks, great shape, colour and texture. Haven’t created a journal yet…..

Damn son, that’s a nice little scape!

Be sure to replace the rotala with a grass at some point, it has real classic amano bones.
Is it slate or similar? Reminds me of the rocks I collected in North Wales.
thanks Garuf, I think if I were to do that I’d need to add another larger stone front right and perhaps fully carpet the scape. I’ve trimmed the rotala now for a better more representative shape for this scape….
9BFB45D9-A529-4C2F-8367-DBDC1D310B42.jpeg

The stone is ‘wild rhino stone’ it’s really beautiful with nice softer shapes and fine detailed textures.
8EA13215-E4EA-4E69-9C9D-FF141F4F363F.jpeg

4F212E09-89CB-48F8-95A9-F552771D6A08.jpeg

41512816-DAE3-4566-B55B-B565B02278B3.jpeg

cheerio,
Ady.

Hi,
@George Farmer was doing a workshop at my local @Horizon Aquatics a couple of weeks ago and stopped by for a quick chat and run around of the home tanks.
If anyone is interested in seeing some of the issues I’m having and the tanks he has a YouTube video out linked below :)

Cheerio,
Ady

By way of a little update this 600 is still running 😃….

2C292F63-CCD8-4DAA-B7D0-52025E7E665A.jpeg

64A75AC3-A2A7-4B7D-A183-653FB434B8B8.jpeg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Stunning Ady, you need to tell me your secret for those stems!! mine after the first trim went to crap! lol
Thanks Paulo.
I always plant some cut tops back into the bush. That way the cut stems still maintain a mature look.
That’s about all I can say :)

Last edited:
Don't you get blinded from the LED's from that angle? I found I could not look at the tank when seating on the sofa! Hence created my DIY shade for the tank!

Love it, looks really nice
Thank you.
Don't you get blinded from the LED's from that angle? I found I could not look at the tank when seating on the sofa! Hence created my DIY shade for the tank!
Not really 🤷🏼‍♂️ they are only e line lights though and they max at 85% intensity for only 2 hrs of the photoperiod so the lighting intensity isn’t that high. If they were brighter then it would be more of an issue I’m sure.

Excelente señor!
Thanks 🙏🏻

From the front a few days after trimming:
19C22CDC-487B-4B3B-B832-10A718F4FEE5.jpeg

Cheerio,

Back