• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twisted hairgrass...?!

elettrone

Hi I'm trying to grow some hairgrass in my tank and indeed it grows and it would look a nice healthy green if it wasn't for twisted leaves.
Most of the at least grow twisted or ondulated.
I'm dosing the advanced Seachem protocol calculated on a realistic 130L of water, the tank is 180L but sand, rocks and wood take up about 50L), I've got about 0.5w/liter of light with good reflectors and pressurized co2, temp is 24-25° celsius and KH is about 4.
Now reading around the internet some people are saying this could be related to low co2 levels...now I'm always scared when I have to fiddle with co2 dosing as it happened to me in the past to kill fishes due to improper dosing.
It was a tragedy, for me at least and I want to avoid that and to that purpose i got a Dennerle drop checker to cross check with kh-ph chart.
Now before anything else I have to understand if the issue with the grass really is the co2, anyone does have any experience with this?
Secondly, looking at the drop checker by the end of the day and cross checking with ph-kh i should be around 30 ppm for co2 with 1 bubble/sec and moderate surface agitation to keep water oxygenated and avoid the food from floating too long on the surface...now the Dennerle color chart suggest i stay around 25-30ppm with a not too dark green...
Any hints?
I remember having the same issue with lilaeopsis, growing but twisted...back then i was dosing even less co2.
As additional info i cann add that the fast growing stem plants near the surface thus over irradiated by light tend to get a brown smear over time; i cut thos leaves regularly every week or other week.

Back