• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar S vs SA

Deano3

The only difference is the SA is adjustable as havnt seen in person so think i should go with the S as may look more pleasing as no need to adjust as going on a AS900

Any opinions

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I went for the SA because:
  • i like the metal look rather than the clear acrylic or whatever it is, also the clear bracket would be annoying for finger prints.
  • the metal bracket hooks around the edge of the tank which would minimise any chance of knocking the light in the tank. Not sure if it's possible on the other bracket but i'm sure i would have managed it somehow being so clumsy.
  • the light can be adjusted up and down, which could be useful in certain scenarios, such as increasing intensity or in my case raising it to get a better spread.
  • the light can be used in a suspended fashion if you no longer want a bracket on the tank rim.

The only negative for the light would be:
  • the brackets can wick a little bit of water if you have your water line very high.

The S brackets are not clear acrylic no more they are a dark plastic or composite type material and think asthetically looks better, does anyone have the s model ?

Thanks though mate i think the points you stated are great but i have a dimmer and wont need to extend so think the S be better for me

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I have the S model the new one and yes the frame is metal no more plastic whoop whoop lol she should always have the final say agreed about suspension that is a nice way to go to @Sammy Islam

I just received the 600SC non-adjustable. It is not a good design. One bump and the light is in your tank. It is only held in place by a very small "lip" at the bottom of the Plexi mount.

I will be trying to return mine for the 600SA tomorrow.

I spoke with Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco where I bought the 600SC. They tested the same model and found that the current batch had a problem and did not fit the 60cm tank correctly. They are shipping me a 600SA and covered return shipping for my 600SC. It pays to work with a company that offers good service!

Back