• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 900e fail - night before holiday...

Kezzab

Just getting tank sorted for while I'm away for a week (leaving in 7 hours...), unplug the light without thinking, pffft, won't go back on.

Try using power supply from the solenoid, which turns the light on but flashing. So I'm guessing light unit itself is ok?

Which leaves the euro plug, 2 pin adapter or power supply unit as possible culprits.

Adapter plug fuse seems ok...

Any thoughts??? And where can I get an appropriate power supply unit??

Hoping tank will not suffer too much with less than half normal light level.

Annoyed!

What is the output stats on the original power supply?
History tells me any 12v 6a switching power supply should work.
Your solenoid ps probably went into limp mode due to low amp capacity.

Last edited:
Used my brain and searched for the model number... seem to be various available.
20211022_214824.jpg

Twinstar power adapters are very low quality and fail often. I have two 900E on my tank and I've replaced both adapters already, and then the new ones failed again. I solved the problem by wiring a computer power supply to them, by using the 12V lines.

sorry to dig up an old thread, my 600e went bang today and the adapter has swelled on the side, did you manage to source a new adapter?

With is being 12v - 4a is it possible to use something a little different to that?

sorry to dig up an old thread, my 600e went bang today and the adapter has swelled on the side, did you manage to source a new adapter?

With is being 12v - 4a is it possible to use something a little different to that?
Any 12v > or = to 4 Amp (48 watt or greater) output should work fine.
Above says 5A .. no matter just get one bigger than current for "breathing room"
Meanwell LRS-75-12.
Personally as long as you have a safe place for it I prefer these open cage power supplies.

If you have 2 lights get one at the combined amps so if/when the other ps fails both can be run off the same supply.

Last edited:
Back