• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 600E V3 Power Adapter

James7

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Twinstar 600EA V3 second hand, but I think the power adapter I received with it isn't the original one. I've been looking on the twinstar website and also google to try and find a photo of the original but haven't had any luck, all I can find is it's 4 amps at 12V. Does anyone have one of these lights and if you do could you send me a photo of the adapter.

Thanks, James

Out of curiosity why do you want an orig one if the substitute works fine?
Chances are orig failed which is why it is there though lost or sold is also possible.

Lights about 40w afaict
Personally, a higher than 48w ps would probably be better.
Meanwell " brick"
Gst 60a12.... 60w. 12v.
5.5x 2.1 barrel jack is standard

If it is a matter of trust Meanwell lists mtbf ( mean time between failure) numbers
Which I' d trust more than either twinstar or what you have (guess).
But that is just me.

Last edited:
It came with a 12V 1A supply with a dc jack size adapter, so I was just interested in what the original one output. I'm in the UK so will look for one similar to you suggested that ships here, which will probably be more reliable than the twinstar like you said. If I go with a higher wattage this won't overrun the LEDs will it?

It came with a 12V 1A supply with a dc jack size adapter, so I was just interested in what the original one output. I'm in the UK so will look for one similar to you suggested that ships here, which will probably be more reliable than the twinstar like you said. If I go with a higher wattage this won't overrun the LEDs will it?
Yea 1A is too small.
No, higher wattage will have no effect.

Sorry to bump my old thread, I bought the same light but new for another tank and thought I'd add a photo of the adaptor showing specs in case anyone in future needs it. Seems to be a 5amp/60watt supply, I guess they supply higher wattage so power supply isn't run at max all the time.

IMG_7893.jpeg

Back