• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar 450 EA … vs … ???

Heres a few pics of my AI Primes, I've got 3 over my 260L tank, and one over a newly setup shallow tank there a two closer images to show the shadowing effect you get with the AI Prime compared to the twinstar. I've also added two videos one with the Twinstar 450e at full power the other of the AI prime set to comparable 21w power and set to 7000k to mirror the twinstar, the video seems over emphasises the shimmer effect but shows the differences between the two types of light quite well. Like I said it's a preference thing the twinstar type may be better for growing plants with the better coverage but the AI prime does a perfectly good job and I like the natural sunlight feeling you get from the prime.

View attachment 179994 View attachment 180002View attachment 180003View attachment 180004

Thanks, some lovely tanks there too 👍👍

Right.
So it’s not a full wrgb light unit then?
I’m no expert on spectral physics 😲 but suspect the necessary wavelengths are covered . My 2 issues are 1. The light sits very close to the tank rim/water surface which, on a wide tank , causes incomplete coverage. I’ve raised it on 2 diy acrylic blocks . 2. Light stays off after a power cut until reset on your phone. Very quick to do but not if you’re away from home

Yes I'm sure the necessary spectrum is covered. However referring back to the original post, I am looking for a light that will enable me to change all of the kind of channels as I please.
As far as your second point goes those are definitely issues that need to be addressed by the manufacturer in order to improve the value of such a light. Quite frankly if it doesn't come back on after a power cut, and follow the original programming, I need to put some kind of extra memory in so that this can happen I would have thought.

Back