• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Lol you have got the Bug big time... you will end up on one of those programmes about people with hording problems. I give you a few more years. Ive only got 18 tanks running and a couple in storage... :p[DOUBLEPOST=1400098982][/DOUBLEPOST]I have to admit I have one of these fluval specs, but it wasnt really for show and tell, its got one shrimp in it currently and very low tech, the lighting is a little on the low side, could do with being just a little brighter. You can still grow plants with the kit, just not anything demanding. You see a lot of people on US forums up grading the lighting, but some go overkill.

hi everyone sorry for the delay, i finally have a few of the photos of the first tank, this is numero uno.

I must Admit i found it a little challenge trying a smaller tamk as im used to the bigger ones. My little girl wanted to get involved so she got stuck in pouring in the substrate and leveling it, and smashing up some rock that we attached some xmas moss to.

jy2e6ava.jpg

7atyha9a.jpg

14187547495_1a72b307ed_c.jpgDSC_0251 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

wood and rock placement
14184277001_6bb5cfebbc_c.jpgDSC_0255 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

and planted
14000952157_654098ae1f_c.jpgDSC_0258 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

filled the tank up and looked great, nice bright lighting, flow is really good from such a small pump especially given the amount of sponge and bio media carbon etc that's in it too.
Adds a nice touch of class to the kitchen.

However...... initially the wood placement and dry hardscape looked great and did planted but i wasnt happy with the wood under water so took it out today, rearranged it and popped it back in and am much happier
14000886469_8b509a8fce_c.jpgDSC_0274 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

still yet to add some fissedens to the wood and hopefully the carpet plant wont take too long to start growing.

Thanks Everyone

Last edited:
One down.... Looks great Alistair, what fish are you planning to put in there?

Looks great, Alastair. Decided my first tank will be nano so I am watching it closely :)

looks great alastair one down one to go, love the wood and planting, looking forward to number 2

hi sorry for just getting round to doing the second one, have been a bit busy the last few weeks, and earlier today i had the pleasure of having BigTom over for a quick stop on his move down to the coast. Top Guy..
After talking tanks and him leaving, i decided to give myself a kick up the rear and get the second done with the very little hardscape I had left over.

i wanted to try something different with this and one that would be very deceptive space wise if you didn't know what the tank was already, and im going to stick with only two species of plant in this, although really i quite like it dry ha.

so here is the hardscape set up and ready for planting tomorrow
14128874029_6bf6759cdb_c.jpgfluval spec v by Mr-T-, on Flickr

cant wait to get planting tomorrow now. i just wish someone lived near me who had a pair of very narrow pointed tweezers.

thanks for looking everyone:)

Last edited:
My word this looks huge mate you pulled off the deception well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks good, lovely sense of depth for such a small tank, look forward to seeing this planted up mate.
Cheers Tim. I'm very happy with the sense of depth and rock and substrate layout. I'm just a little unsure of whether to remove the wood......
I know they'll look like trees with moss added but wondering whether to just remove them completely

My word this looks huge mate you pulled off the deception well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. Believe it or not I didn't intend on this layout I was fiddling with another then this just popped in my head.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

I like it as it is. Looks great, and bigger than it is. What rocks are you using?

Think it would work very well either with or without the wood mate, but you gotta look at it everyday, go with your gut feeling Al.

Cheers buddy that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm keeping the wood in.
I've got monte carlo fissedens and mini xmas moss to use.
I would love to leave it as is but it needs planting. I just love the eary feeling it gives.

I like it as it is. Looks great, and bigger than it is. What rocks are you using?

Hi maple. Me too ha ha. The rocks I'm using are a lava type rock but slightly different..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Dude, this is looking fun, watching this with interest as I've been pondering over a new shrimp only tank for a while to go in the hallway, Fran has a sort of shabby chic long thin table which has a sort of emptyness atop it's painted shell! I got to thinking a nice tank would look sweet on there, but looking at these spec's I could do a couple, she'll not notice if I try and beat your 8 mins tank fill time.

looking forward to your sweet progress and more pics soon including when the shrimpses arrive;)
Clive

Back