• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twin 96 litre tanks fish stocking suggestions

Redback

I have 2 empty 96 litre open topped tanks (600x400x400) that I will be setting up, they will be planted tanks. I've always been a Tetra fan and have about 90 of them in my 4ft tank along with Bristlenose and Corys. For these 2 tanks which will be side by side on the one stand I want to do something different in terms of fish species used. I was considering Livebearers in one of them as I've never really bothered with Endlers etc before.

I'm also not thinking Angels but am open for other suggestions. Thanks all.

Dave

Why not try any of the deeper bodied Rasboras, (I would steer clear of the torpedo shaped varieties in a 60x40x40). Trigonostigma, Microdevario etc and/or some of the smaller less active Danios, Sundadanio, Tinwini, then there are the Bororas which look amazing in a larger group. If your water is on the harder side consider Celestial Pearl Danio and/or Emerald Dwarf Danio. If you fancy a cooler tank then Vietnamese Cardinal Minnows will fit the bill.
Hope this will inspire you.
Cheers!

You definitely might have got something with the Rasbora suggestion, have had Harlequins off an on over the years in the hobby. I certainly do like the Microdevario now that I've done a bit of reading really stricking fish. I have White Clouds already in another tank (one of the 2 that will be re-scaped for this plan) i'll just shift them onto one of my mates for his tank

Back