• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

turtletank quickfix

MarcoB

Sometimes there's a "quickfix" needed. Don't know why that happens but in this case
a turtletank was needed within a few days.
We tried to make a more natural looking scape without getting compromises with the usages of the tank. Important for a tank like this is practicality because the waterparts needs cleaning a lot.

The tank is an old jewel aquarium 130x40x50cm. We installed an hidden inlet for a big eheim filtersystem. The outlet is hidden on the rightside. The outlet also rinses the fernroot placed on the right so all the mosses and fern will feel happy also.
Of course we used the PU backgroundresin again with styrofoam and expandable PU sprayfoam.
The beach is removable also for cleaning purpose. Not my favorite part of the tank but practicality was prior as the looks
Plants we used: javafern, ficus montana and pumila, common fern, tillandsia hybride and a common paludariumplant from french guyana (don't know the name....)
What do you think?
2epsg05.jpg

would like to see more of this tank. whats PU backgroundresin does anyone have a link to the product looks like some thing i could use for my next project.

I will ask for updatephoto's.
check vivariumbackground.com
Maybe it's an idea to import a few pots from vivarium 2011 to the UK. I know some guys overhere are coming to the fair. With a bit of organising they can take some with them for you.

Back