• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tubing get Dirty

okla03

Hi,
I have Chihiros filter tubes they are transparent, they get yellow in about week.
Tank stock is low I think 5 rosboras 7 cherry barbs 3 otos some cherry shrimp and some amano. The tank is 270l, filter biomaster 600, I head 850 on it but was to loud so sent it to back to oase it was the sam with 850. Is this sign that my filter is not working properly I mean I don’t have it set up properly or is it normal for tubing to get dirty in a week?
Thanks and I appreciate your input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Interested in other thoughts on this. My tubing is a bit gross, sometimes getting better after a filter cleanout but never back to clear. I noticed every tank in Fabian Beck's incredible collection has wonderfully clean tubing. Is this a massive maintenance effort or are there some tips to make this easy?

I noticed every tank in Fabian Beck's incredible collection has wonderfully clean tubing. Is this a massive maintenance effort
I think it is. Picture ready scapes, and accessories require lots of intensive, weekly maintenance. Posting the latest fts with gsa on the glass, or muck in the pipes is a firm no no; on Instagram, Pinterest or youtube.

For the record my filter pipes internals probably resemble a past employees wind pipes of Philip Morris et al.

To the op, the brown staining Is normal.

Last edited:
I clean it once a week but it is hard work, I think I may just change to oase tubes. If it is normal to get dirty like this in a week changing to oase will give me more time before cleaning it.
Thanks

I clean it once a week but it is hard work, I think I may just change to oase tubes. If it is normal to get dirty like this in a week changing to oase will give me more time before cleaning it.
Thanks
Learn to ignore certain things , mine use to get brown and it would bother me , I started ignoring / scheduling certain maintenance once every 2/3 weeks. Now my scapes are settled and dont get brown like they use too.

I have wood in my scape and I use to complain on this forum about weird fungus on it which wouldn't come off even with scraping sometimes , finally I gave up on it accepted that i will have a fungusy ugly wood in my scape and it bloody stopped all of a sudden out of no where , it's mostly clear now.

Atm only one thing I can't ignore its the glass lily pipes 🤣 I clean them suckers weekly.

Back