• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trouble finding inspiration

Dominic

Hi guys, i am having a real tough time trying to find inspiration at the moment.

This has been going on for years now, where i would look at a scape and really like the look and feel of it, and i will plan to recreate the scape or use a similar feel to it, and then have a second thought and end up changing my mind.

When i actually do try a scape out, i find it so unsatisfying and do not like it, often ending up in me changing it around.

I just need the perfect scape so i can stick with it :(

Please help me out this is starting to annoy me now :(

Amano has commented on a similar phenomena...perhaps you should be looking to nature for original inspiration and not other peoples tanks...
...for example...

9818026023_a5de5efcea_b.jpg

Just a thought...

I struggle with the same problem the way ive found that works for me is first off decide what plants you want to have, this will tell you were in the tank they go once youve got this sorted and a picture in your head of where your going then use the hardacape to fill in the gaps :)

Hi Dominic

I took the liberty of checking out your earlier posts to see your level of experience, so my advice would be appropriate.

So as a newcomer to aquascaping with a non-CO2 system my biggest tip would be to understand that you will need patience.

Find an aquascape you love that's stocked with appropriate plants. Bare in mind that it may take months for the plants to grow in sufficiently to achieve a look that's desirable. It is during this phase that many will lose patience (me included) and get itchy green fingers.

As you're probably aware a decent hardscape is often the key to success, so spend plenty of time nailing this in terms of selection, quantity and composition. Get this right and you should be able to keep it going.

Aquascaping isn't a hobby for those that want instant gratifation. The journey should often be more satisfying than the destination. :)

Have fun.

you need to get out , man . look at things. think about it , sleep on it .

(Might sound mad)
The only thing I worry about at the moment is trying to grow healthy plants
I as a newbee I have tried to recreate scapes ive seen in the green machine and on here and failed and wasted loads of money. At the moment I just want my plants to grow and learn.

ant

Just copy me :D feel free to look at my first journal if you want a laugh I hadn't a clue until ukaps:) looking back I find it embarrassing and I'm sure I'l. Say the same about what I'm doing now in 12 mths.

Thank you very much for your advice everyone! I feel a bit more confident now :) I have an idea thats been stuck in my head for weeks, and was starting to think twice about it, but now my confidence has been restored :) I just want it all to be ready so i can do it over christmas break since i never have any time anymore haha.

Again, thank you all, and george that was some good advice :)

A tank journal should be up by christmas :)

Reactions: tim
Amano has commented on a similar phenomena...perhaps you should be looking to nature for original inspiration and not other peoples tanks...
...for example...

9818026023_a5de5efcea_b.jpg

Just a thought...
petrified wood, eleocharis mini

Back