• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropics blister packs and tubs, how long before planting?

stephentw

I've recently discovered the Tropica 1-2-Grow pots and the bigger blister packs sold at Pets at Home (I know, boooo). They looked pretty healthy and I was picky with them.

I'm curious how soon I need to plant them before they start to get past their best?

I've got the following:

Taxiphyllum Barbieri (1-2-Grow)
Rotala Rotundifolia (Aquatic Plant Mini)
Lobelia Cardinalis (Aquatic Plant Mini)
Limnophila Sessiliflora (Aquatic Plant Mini)

Any help appreciated!

That really depends on how long they have been on the shelf all ready.
I probably wouldn't leave it any longer than a week or two at the very most.

Dave at AG has tried most. There are about 4 plants that work well in them. The rest not so good. So yes plant ASAP. Or remove from the pack as soon as you get home. Chuck them in your tank and then plant before next water change.

There are about 4 plants that work well in them.
Just out of interest can you remember what they are ?
Must admit the plants in the blister packs have often been hard work to get growing properly.

Just out of interest can you remember what they are ?
Must admit the plants in the blister packs have often been hard work to get growing properly.

I can’t. It’s a secret :) Dave would lock me in his underground basement and flog me for divulging such info. He makes Takashi Amano look like a pussy cat when it comes to scaping :lol:

Ps. If you don’t know Dave, the above is a bit of a personal joke, apart from when it comes to how the tanks have to be scaped. @Geoffrey Rea will agree! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the disturbing imagery Steve...I think I'm going to need counselling for PTSD now...:confused:

Haha! I’m only joking., but to be honest his scaping (on the dry practice area for people and in our own tanks) has gone into another league over the couple of years Ive known him!
Damn being hit with a gravel flatner when I don’t behave hurts though :lol:

Thats a good idea, why did I not think of that. I just didnt want to plant yet because I bought some new wood I need to soak first.

Will they weigh down on their own? They aren't the potted type.

I've put them in the tank, they refuse to sink but its keeping the cherry shrimp occupied chasing the floating plants about.

Back