• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Soil Powder

Thanks Hogan!
A retailer said its better to use the Tropica aquarium soil as a bottom layer and top it off with the Tropica aquarium soil powder so got really confused.
Should I just go for the powder version or is it better to go with what he suggested as it will all mix if I rescape anyway?

Thanks Hogan!
A retailer said its better to use the Tropica aquarium soil as a bottom layer and top it off with the Tropica aquarium soil powder so got really confused.
Should I just go for the powder version or is it better to go with what he suggested as it will all mix if I rescape anyway?

Tropica offers 3 kinds of substrate.

Their aquarium soil and soil powder are exactly the same, the only difference if the size of the grains, both are to be used as a complete substrate with no bottom layer etc. They also have a plant growth substrate, this is not the same and is intended as a bottom layer to be capped with a different substrate such and soil or sand.

What some people do is use the standard sized aquarium soil and then have a thin layer of the soil powder on top, this is mostly done for cosmetic reasons, it can help with scale in smaller tanks as the grains are smaller.

Tropica offers 3 kinds of substrate.

Their aquarium soil and soil powder are exactly the same, the only difference if the size of the grains, both are to be used as a complete substrate with no bottom layer etc. They also have a plant growth substrate, this is not the same and is intended as a bottom layer to be capped with a different substrate such and soil or sand.

What some people do is use the standard sized aquarium soil and then have a thin layer of the soil powder on top, this is mostly done for cosmetic reasons, it can help with scale in smaller tanks as the grains are smaller.

Thanks Nick!

Back