• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica plant database app

Hendre

This is just a little something I am making for IT at school, so far unfinished but I am getting there. I am working a database of the Tropica plants based on various factors that a user can choose from :)
upload_2019-7-12_8-46-37.png

The last thing to do is the right panel which displays all of the information, with an image. :)

Looks like you are learning java, it always helps to implement something that interests you, believe me, if you take programming up as a profession, you will work on so many weird and wonderful things, get the concepts right, rest is all practice.

Maybe you can extend your app and add a section where you can log what plants you have in the tank, quick access to the detail info, maybe even upload your own photos to track the progress.

Just an idea ;)

There is already a database built-in to the forum ;) https://www.ukaps.org/forum/plantbase/
I saw, this was just me scraping the bucket bottom for a simple idea.

Looks like you are learning java, it always helps to implement something that interests you, believe me, if you take programming up as a profession, you will work on so many weird and wonderful things, get the concepts right, rest is all practice.

Maybe you can extend your app and add a section where you can log what plants you have in the tank, quick access to the detail info, maybe even upload your own photos to track the progress.

Just an idea ;)
I am yes, but I don't plan on continuing. Molecular bio is my passion :)
That would be quite cool, but don't have much time for it currently :(

Back