• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica 1-2 grow

Martin Osmond

Hi guys, i'm going to be ordering some plants in the next couple of days but i am slightly wary of receiving them through the post. Almost all of the plants i want to use are available in the Tropica 1-2 range so i am going to be using these almost exclusively. Due to the nature of these plants are they better suited to being sent out mail order than normal potted plants? Also how quickly do these need to be planted to get the best results?
Thanks in advance.

I have very little experience with 1-2 grow, but everything I've heard suggests they can keep for a long time. I have some 1-2 grow weeping moss at home which is sat on a shelf (admittedly with a lamp over it and some other plants) and has been fine for over a week. It was mailed to me and sat in the dark for several days too.

I have very little experience with 1-2 grow, but everything I've heard suggests they can keep for a long time. I have some 1-2 grow weeping moss at home which is sat on a shelf (admittedly with a lamp over it and some other plants) and has been fine for over a week. It was mailed to me and sat in the dark for several days too.

Thanks Steve, that's just what i wanted to hear!

Thanks, so if they arrive and i'm unable to plant them that day they will be fine for a while, just keep them in there pots?
Also any one able to advise me roughly how much you get in each pot. How much of a spread would you get out of one pot of eleocharis sp.mini? And how may stems of a pot of amania bonsai or similar?

Cheers

Hi Martin.
They'll do fine for a few days. Some types can be kept for weeks in the pot, while others take less kindly to being stored.
Here's a pic of Ammania in it's container. The amount of content is pretty stable, so expect your pot to look similar.
tumblr_mlv22x9ffO1s8585io1_500.jpg

And here's a guide to Eleocharis sp mini.

What you have to keep in mind with 1-2-grow is that it's very small plants. They'll need a bit of ferts in the start up, because they'll go hungry very fast!
Also I can't stress enough how important it is to wash off all the `goo´ before planting as it is designed to release nutrients over time and will mess up your water balance.

Attachments

• tumblr_mlv22x9ffO1s8585io1_500.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 65
  • tumblr_mlv22x9ffO1s8585io1_500.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 66
Keep in mind that my above comment only applies to your 1-2-grow...
The other plants will have been through a rough journey and will probably need some loving care! No plants likes being packed in a dark box :)

Back