• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon Island

Ian Holdich

tank - 190 ltr corner

lighting - 2 x 28w T5's

Filtration - Juwel internal 1000ltr and Hydor Koralia 1 @ 1500lph

Substrate - Aquabasis plus, sand and gravel

Ferts - Easylife Ferro, Fosfo & Nitro and Profito, , Flourish Excel, C02 supplied by JBL Proflora

Plants - Nymphaea stellata, Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov', echinodorus cordifolius, E. tenellus, cryptocoryne wendtii red, Alternanthera reineckii, Cryptocoryne willisii, Hygrophila corymbosa, Bacopa caroliniana.

Livestock - 12 Melanotaenia Praecox - 6 Cardinals - 4 otos - 5 Cory's - shrimp and snails.

Had chance today to finally sort out my tank today (wife and child packed away for the day) and get it looking how i wanted it to look. Most prevoius livestock sold.

island2.jpg

island3.jpg

island4.jpg

island5.jpg

island6.jpg

island1.jpg

any comments, good or bad are welcome.

cheers!

just a couple of updated pics, i have put some Riccia on small bit of slate, to add a path effect.

male Praecox
16th7.jpg

female
16th7f.jpg

16th72.jpg

small Riccia path
16th73.jpg

full tank
16th74.jpg

just wondered if anyone could help me with the dosing of Ferro, Fosfo & Nitro from the Easylife range, i just bought some from Green machine. I would like to start dosing these myself rather than using the all in one. Thanks peeps.

Ferts have arrived (Thanks to Green Machine, ordered thursday night and arrive this morning), pressurised c02 added via JBL proflora (i would have gone FE, but the wife wanted it to be 99% safe). Now its all about working out the balance!

i have added more riccia, a bigger pathway. I'm hoping to get more so i can spread the carpet all the way to the front.

Its only been 5 days of pressurised c02 and dosing my own NKP, but the plants look twice as healthy. Would recommend the Easylife range to anyone.

ricciapath2.jpg

ricciapath3.jpg

ricciapath.jpg

[/quote]

Ian

comments welcome.

things are growing well since starting with pressurised and dosing po4 and n03 along with profito and Fe. I have added more Riccia, the other stuff was dwarf riccia, so i have moved that to the front. I added the other Riccia 2 days ago, so it hasn't taken off yet. The Tiger lotus has really taken off, the leaves are floating now. I have also added different rock as the other was a bit mix and match. I was worried about the Windlov as with the light and it being quite high on the wood, but it looks really good and is pearling everyday. Also added a aponogeton madagascariensis, which is at the back, trying to cover the filter box. BTW its more like a valley, not an island.

14th2.jpg

more riccia
14th3.jpg

tiger lotus
14th4.jpg

14th5.jpg

looking really good buddy, i've always been put off the trigons thinking they would be difficult to scape but you've made it look easy!

thanks Chris, it did take me ages and a couple of trys, before i got it how i wanted it. Its my lounge tank and don't have any other space for a larger tank, so i had to go for a corner. It was the only one my wife would have in the living room as well.

looking good..
at first i thought it was missing something but then you added the riccia and wow its going to look great when it fills out :clap:

just a quick update...growth has been immense since using pressurised c02 and dosing my own ferts.

(inhabitants included)

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Thanks Mark, its been a massive change since using c02, its been about 4 weeks. Plants look so healthy and the colours are fantastic.
the day i added c02
ricciapath.jpg

4 weeks later and a new camera (still getting to grips with it)
003.jpg

quick update...

20th94.jpg

full tank
20th93.jpg

Albino Paradise fish
20th9.jpg

Albino Cory
20th92.jpg

Crypts have all of a sudden shot up!
20th91.jpg

I have used the Moss from Supercoley, and filled in the cracks on the backing, it pearls loverly, just growing a bit slow.

thanks for looking.

Not a fan of corner tanks (like I said when you came round. lol) but it sure looks cool in your room Ian.

Nice colours and textures there. I like the 'quarter' island effect that is developing.

AC

Today i have sold off a few of the dwarf rainbows and added some more Cardinals. I have to say the scape looks better with the Cardinals.

cardinals1.jpg

cardinals3.jpg

full tank shot, played about with.
ian.jpg

That picture reminds me of one of my own pictures:

I mean Cardinals over Riccia :)

tetrariccia.jpg

AC

Back