• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tranquility - My low tech 186L journey

Will check the parameters towards Friday next week - Tank will have been running then for 4.5 weeks abort dark start for 3 weeks so I am hoping I’m approaching the stage of adding some fish.
Personally I wouldn't be tempted to add any fish for a good couple of weeks yet, the dark start is good for cycling the 'Nitrogen cycle' but it wasn't until you put those plants in 1.5 weeks ago that the Biorhythm would have kicked off, plus I can see that a lot, if not most of your plants have not fully transitioned yet (I can see new growth) so they will not be assimilating fully and also adding to the soup as the existing leaves die off.
Once your readings are good Clithon Snails are a good first critter they will help with Algae, Biofilm and dying plant matter without multiplying or leaving eggs everywhere like the Nerites. Snails or not, I'd still wait a couple of weeks from this point before adding Fish or Shrimp, and then introduce them slowly into a lovely thriving aquarium, I'll wager you will have a better success rate.
Tank looks great BTW and I look forward to seeing it in a month or so's time, and it's also obviously yours to do with want you with, I'm only giving you my slanted view on life.
Cheers!

Hello Bazz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to contribute to my little project 😊

I welcome any and all advice and as you say it takes longer than we think / longer than we want for a tank to be fish ready. I have parked the idea of fish for a few weeks longer as I can concentrate on creating a world that I can grow plants then the plan for fish can be looked into.

It’s so much fun and a welcome distraction this little world we create - I’m happy to take my time and give it the best shot possible!

Best Wishes,

Murray 😊

Hello Folks,

Not much to report will do a small maintenance trim tonight.

Have uploaded a video to YouTube - I don’t think MD Fish Tanks has anything to worry about…

Just thought it would be a change from a photo of some sand rocks and plants! Going away for a few days in around 3 weeks so may just wait til then to buy fish / clean up crew.

Just still trying to work out a plan for when / what little ones to put in the tank 😊

I always wanted to get Celestial Pearl Danios but I hear they can hunt shrinplets / berries shrimp which I don’t like the idea of. I like shrimp but know nature is nature just trying to create a little haven where everything is happy.

Thanks,

Murray

Back