• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

trace only?

plantnoob

my tank is low light no pressurised co2 and il be using neutro co2 liquid carbon from aqua essentials. im also planning on using 1 of their 2 neutro brand liquid ferts . these are neutro t which is marketed for tanks using neutro co2 but not pressurised , and neutro + for tanks running co2 . now this is the bit im struggling with . neutro t is trace only and neutro + is trace and macro . surely just because im not going to be injecting co2 the plants still need macros as well as trace , its just the demand that will be lower than a co2 injected tank? it just bothers me that if if i use the 1 that is trace only that my plants wont get everything the need

i had wondered about the ei starter kit from APF wasnt sure if it would be suitable though .

well the ei starter kit is a little cheaper than the large neutro+ which i worked out should last around 70 to 80 days on my tank . guessing the ei kit would last a fair bit longer

its a roma 240 il be planting . the APF website states that using the starter kit each 500ml bottle you make costs approx £1.12 , so around 8x cheaper than off the shelf stuff . seems a bit of a no brainer really

im thinking a nice echinodorus mother plant to instantly cover the unsightly fluval u4 im using as extra flow would fit the bill just nice :thumbup:

Back