• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Topping cat litter

hixy

Hello Merry Christmas. I have tesco cat litter in my tank and it's a very good medium but very light .what can I cap it off with.In the past I have used sand but sand always goes anaerobic in areas .

Mick

If you can get hold of any gravel that's 2mm or so, that would be ideal to cap off. 2cm should be mor e than enough.

If you can get hold of any gravel that's 2mm or so, that would be ideal to cap off. 2cm should be mor e than enough.

I am setting up a new tank for my Daughter and I was also going to use cat litter. Does cat litter always need topping off and if so is there anything better than gravel?

Finally, how many cm of cat litter should I use?

Thanks

Hi all,
I am setting up a new tank for my Daughter and I was also going to use cat litter. Does cat litter always need topping off and if so is there anything better than gravel?
You can use it without capping. I think the cat litter will always tend to end up on top over time, because it is large, light grains.

cheers Darrel

Back