• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys "Mojito's Cove" 200L - 4 week update pics

Tony Swinney

This is a new scape I've just done to replace "Horatios Cave" which has now been stripped down.

The scape is sponsored by Tropica, who kindly supplied the plants.

For some time I've wanted to do a scape with Seiryu Stone and Manzanita Wood, with a sand foreground and centre section, so this is it.

Its nothing groundbreaking at all but I think its quite nice and should develop well over the next few weeks.

Tank: 100cm x 45cm x 45cm optiwhite by Natural Aquario, supplied by Ed at FreshWaterShrimp.co.uk
Filtration: 2 x Eheim Pro3 2075
Heater: Hydor inline 300w
Lighting: ADA Solar 1, 150W NAMH
CO2: Injection via Aqua Medic 1000 reactor
Substrate: Tropica substrate, capped with unipac gravel, foreground of pale sand
Hardscape: Manzanita Wood & Seiryu Stone

Plants:
1-2-Grow Glossy
Christmas Moss
Ranunculus Inundatus
Eleocharis Parvula
Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Bolbitis Heudelotii
Bacopa Australis
Hygrophila sp. Araguaia
Lindernia Rotundifolia

I'll try my best to keep the updates coming on this one ;)

Tony

100cmTropica-3482.jpg

100cmTropica-3493.jpg

100cmTropica-3509.jpg

100cmTropica-3512.jpg

100cmTropica-3513.jpg

100cmTropica-3515.jpg

100cmTropica-3520.jpg

100cmTropica-3532.jpg

100cmTropica-3541.jpg

Surprised you remember me haha. I have been away from aquascaping for a while now so missed these new plants. I have my own shop now so ill be posting a few journals of the tanks. Just rescaped my 5 footer actually.. inspired by your tank you did a while back with the driftwood that was almost like rocks.. something hollow? anyway your producing some stunning tanks still, given me a few ideas actually...

Hello
This is a NA tank? NA made a custom tank size for you? Oh you were lucky men, i thought they weren't doing custom sizes any more.

The tank is amazing, the driftwood is so dramatic. Were did you get it?

Looks fantastic mate, it's a winner already! I can't help feel responsable for the name though...
Yep, all naming rights go to you Ian from now on;) Thanks mate.

Surprised you remember me haha. I have been away from aquascaping for a while now so missed these new plants. I have my own shop now so ill be posting a few journals of the tanks. Just rescaped my 5 footer actually.. inspired by your tank you did a while back with the driftwood that was almost like rocks.. something hollow? anyway your producing some stunning tanks still, given me a few ideas actually...

Thanks Sam - that is Triassic Hollow, its still going strong too. The shop sounds exciting - I look forward to seeing the scapes you do for it.

That's brilliant Tony! I'll be hoping for more updates on this one!

Thanks flygja - I'll try to keep them coming !

Looks fantastic Tony, I loved Horatios Cave, especially the use of the Hydrocotyle, but this is gonna be a stunner, great use of minimal species, well done once again :)
Double thanks Tourney :)

Hello This is a NA tank? NA made a custom tank size for you? Oh you were lucky men, i thought they weren't doing custom sizes any more. The tank is amazing, the driftwood is so dramatic. Were did you get it?
Yep, its a custom size - they do charge 25% more for it though. It was ordered about 4 months ago so not suer if they are still doing it ? The drfitwood is manzanita wood from Tom Barr in the US.

Stunning.....subscribed.
Thanks nduli

The tank is a week old now, and looking fine - no signs of algae anywhere, and the plants look to be adapting to submersed life very well. I'm doing 30% water changes everyday.

Tony

Thanks guys. Heres a few more pics of the tank at 8 days old. 35% water changes everyday so far, but I'm away for the next 4 days so its being left to its own devices o_O

Theres no algae at all so far, and the plants are growing or throwing out runners at a rate already ! Testament to the quality of Tropica's plants I think.

Tony

D8E_3647_ps.jpg

Tropica_100cm-3627.jpg

Tropica_100cm-3626.jpg

Tropica_100cm-3656.jpg

D8E_3624-2_ps.jpg

And the obligatory insitu shot ...

Tropica_100cm-3625.jpg

Looking great Tony.
Are they the new glass spraybars from apfuk?
Also, will you run the halide that high always, or will it get lowered? What sort of photoperiod are you running please?
Thanks,
Ady.

Hi
cracking pics & a great look all round.
What's the bladed plant, just to the right of dead centre please ?
Thanks Stu, its a Bucephalandra Malawi, not from Tropica though :shh: ;)

Looking great Tony.
Are they the new glass spraybars from apfuk?
Also, will you run the halide that high always, or will it get lowered? What sort of photoperiod are you running please?
Thanks,
Ady.
Hi Ady, yes they are the new spray bars - and I quite like them :) The arch of the shephards crook is perhaps a bit tight, but they certainly generate alot of flow across the top of the tank. I have them angle slightly downwards so they fire across the top of the higher plants, and then hit the front wall and down to the front substrate.

I'm hoping to leave the Halide that high, as if it goes lower it doesnt spread to the edges of the tank enough. The NAMH bulb in there is 2.5 years old, so I've just bought a new one. I'm going to try to borrow a par meter from somewhere to take a reading with the present bulb, and one with the new one, it'll be interesting to see the difference. The new bulb will dictate the height.

Tony

Back