• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys Mini-M - 90 days & its all over !

Re: Tonys Mini-M - 46 days old

Don't think I've seen Ranunculus bring used as a background plant before. And i really like it. Has that forest top feel. Brilliant!

Re: Tonys Mini-M - 46 days old

65 day update :)

Its all going OK, or at least i thought so until I took some pics this morning - but more on that later ;)

The ranunculus is a tremendous plant ! Its rampant, and I'm trimming it every other day right now, as it tries to spread forward and take over the front of the tank ! The HC has settled nicely to a good compact growth, and is now spreading along the substrate too :)

I've added some moss, and thats attaching itself nicely to the wood and rocks too.

Here are some quick pics from this morn, just with the tank lighting ...

IMG_1708_LR3_76.jpg

IMG_1718_LR3_79.jpg

Some of the residents ...

IMG_1724_LR3_80.jpg

IMG_1737_LR3_85.jpg

IMG_1727_LR3_81.jpg

Heres the moss attaching to the rock ...

IMG_1732_LR3_84.jpg

And in taking some macro shots, i discovered a couple of tiny tufts of BBA in there :twisted: They've gone now :)

IMG_1728_LR3_82.jpg

IMG_1731_LR3_83.jpg

And a final full tank shot ...

IMG_1712_LR3_77.jpg

Cheers, Tony.

Re: Tonys Mini-M - 65 days & going strong !

thats a great macro of the BBA Tony! The sneaky little bugger.

Looks great mate!

It looks stunning Tony :thumbup:
Great macro shots too.

Cheers,
James

The tank is coming along nicely mate, really like that moss pic (good macro work!)

Cant wait for my Ranunculus to kick in properly!

Andyh

Wow! Its looking great Tony!

I love lampeyes too.

Cheers Tony, the frontal and the macro shots looks awesome!

Ranunculus is a really nice plant. It grows nicely even in shadow and stays healthy there. But as it gets more light it's hard to stop really.

Very nice nano ;)

A bit late i know, but ...

andyh said:
The tank is coming along nicely mate, really like that moss pic (good macro work!)

Cant wait for my Ranunculus to kick in properly!

Andyh

Thanks Andy, hows the ranunculus doing ?

cheebs said:
Wow! Its looking great Tony! I love lampeyes too.

Unfortunately the didn't last too long in here as a couple of them jumped, so i moved them to another tank.

Gary Nelson said:
Very nice indeed and great photo's, well done :thumbup:

Thanks Gary :)

viktorlantos said:
Cheers Tony, the frontal and the macro shots looks awesome!

Ranunculus is a really nice plant. It grows nicely even in shadow and stays healthy there. But as it gets more light it's hard to stop really.

Very nice nano ;)

Thanks a lot Viktor - I do like the ranunculus a lot, particularly as a background plant for nanos ;)

Some of you may have seen this tank at Aquatics Live, where to be honest it didn't look great - it hadn't recovered well from a trim, and didn't travel particularly well either, with the vallis in particular suffering. I was planning to rip it down straight after the show, but decided to let it run for a little longer, without any trimming or real maintenance either !

Todays its final day, as I'm going to be scaping a 30cm cube in its place this week, so heres a quick little vid of it in its present state ...

Thanks for all the reads and comments :)

Tony

The ranunculus is such an odd plant in still not sure on it :)

End result us cook though, what's next for this tank :) I've been waiting for a 2nd hand mini m set up since I was birthed haha!

great video. :) such a nice setup. i've got tank envy

nayr88 said:
The ranunculus is such an odd plant in still not sure on it :)

End result us cook though, what's next for this tank :) I've been waiting for a 2nd hand mini m set up since I was birthed haha!

Thanks ! I love the ranunculus, and find it really versatile - once it gets going it spreads like wildfire though ! The mini-m will be replaced with a 30cm cube today, with a TMC LED tile over the top.

JohnC said:
great video. :) such a nice setup. i've got tank envy

Thanks John :)

:wideyed: Right, I'm stripping this tank today so if a member wants ALL the plants from the tank drop me a PM and I'll pull them up, stick them in a box and post them out this afternoon. I don't want anything for them, but would like to see a decent donation to the forum for them :thumbup:

Tony

Back