• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

How on earth did you film that? o_O

What size are they? :wacky:

A second spawn now underway - these are definitely hybrids (compare scute patterns).

hybridisation_by_hairytoes-d92lvcu.jpg

Aw! they look like having fun.. :) Beautifull picture.. The little one also has a nice moustage

Third batch of eggs are now hatching. The adult male has been guarding this spot on the glass for exactly a month now, while the three females have taken it in turns to spawn with him.

em580615_by_hairytoes-d967mai.jpg

And at least some of the previous batches seem to be surviving -

em580626_by_hairytoes-d967mas.jpg

The female Apisto is still in parenting mode deep in a thicket of Ludwigia as well, so presumably still has juveniles under her wing although I haven't seen them directly for weeks.

Plants coming on nicely, will do a FTS tomorrow :)

Yes please:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:

As you wish! Apologies for hit and miss white balance, I haven't the patience to balance room and tank consistently between shots...

em590630_by_hairytoes-d96ceoe.jpg

em590627_by_hairytoes-d96cd2o.jpg

em590640_by_hairytoes-d96cdua.jpg

Looking slightly lopsided at the moment because I trimmed the right hand side pretty hard a couple of days ago. The stems and floaters need chopping back weekly.

ps hows the salty going

The salty nano was going really well until a couple of weeks ago when I bought a Wetmorella that turned out to have a touch of whitespot. He's doing fine now but my sharknose goby pair are absolutely riddled with it now - doesn't look good for them unfortunately :(. Very frustrating, but the corals and inverts are looking great.

Looking good!
Does the daylight hit it hard? Looks like that. And further just the two Kessils?

Yeah just 2 old Kessil a150s. This time of year it gets a pretty strong shaft of direct sunlight for a few hours in the afternoon, although it sort of roams around the tank and doesn't settle for too long in one place. I have recently had a few tufts of BBA sprouting up on the wood where it catches the light so I might dose some glute for a bit to try and dissuade it. Other than that I just dose a little all-in-one fert when needed a la Darrel's duckweed index.

Back