• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TNC complete advise

Mattant1984

Hi all,
So I recently set up a fluval flex 34 litre and have now scaped and planted it but not adding any livestock until it's cycled.
The substrate is Tropica aquasoil and I have planted fairly heavily with limnophila sessiliflora, S repens, narrow leaf java fern and a crypt. I am planning on adding some foreground plants and some amazon frogbit at the weekend.

On previous tanks I used the solufeed method and had an auto doser set up to dose daily however I am going to dose TNC complete with this tank as its such a low volume of water. (I also don't have the doser or solufeed anymore)
In regards to dosing the TNC should I be dosing a small amount daily and if so how much??

I want to keep algae to a minimum and have fairly low level lighting currently on for 6 hours a day and I will slowly increase the time and intensity slowly over the coming weeks or months

Thanks in advance

Well Tropica aquasoil contains nutrients so technically you may not need to add anything for a few months, I would dose the recommended dose of TNC complete weekly 1ml/10L/week so 1ml every other day or 3 to 4 ml a week, just to be on the safe side of nutrients in abundance.

Well Tropica aquasoil contains nutrients so technically you may not need to add anything for a few months, I would dose the recommended dose of TNC complete weekly 1ml/10L/week so 1ml every other day or 3 to 4 ml a week, just to be on the safe side of nutrients in abundance.
Thanks very much @Zeus. Would you stick to a 50% weekly water change as well whilst doing this??

Back