• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC V2 iLumenAir

sa80mark

Just seen a post on facebook about these and damn they look nice maybe not quite as sleek as the maxspect but definitely looking forward to seeing more of them

vmrN9AZ.jpg

Im not too keen on the look, its not nasty, its ok, but more importantly I thought the sizes were odd. They dont explain anywhere what footprint they are suitable over. They have a 40cm nano version with fewer led colours and functionality and the larger being 69cm long is strange size, what if you have a 4 foot tank which is not an uncommon size?

Looks like an offspring of a Sega master system

I saw this unit at the TMC stand at Aqua 2013. Definitely more appropriate for a reef due to the number of blue LEDs, but a very impressive piece of kit.

Here's a photo I took of their display.

_MG_3504.jpg

It will be interesting to see if a freshwater version is released, as the controllability is excellent. More white (cool and warm) LEDs, with some green and reds would be great.

ZT6600

Makes me wonder... There must be either a lot of copying going on...

Or lots of products we buy here are simply re-branded from OEM suppliers in China.

P

Yes a lot of copying of western design in China, but now that you have posted that I wonder whether this was an original TMC design or did they get a company in China to rebrand an existing unit for them, after all it is nothing like the other TMC led lighting and as already mentioned similar looking to a Maxspect Razor which is a known Chinese brand.

Seems to be comparible pricing to a Maxspect Razor, so in the end I guess it doesnt matter. Personally I would consider freshwater spec Pacific Sun "Metis Hyperions" much more controllability (vs maxspect Razors anyway) and price was comparible on products required for 4ft tanks.

Yeah, it sure is a re-branded from OEM suppliers in China.

But what really don't get it, is why brands are building light as the aquarium is a Christmas tree. Maxspect, TMC, ELOS, they are all producing lights for Christmas trees :D. They are all fighting against each other to see what will be the first on LED inventions.

At the end of the day all you need is to power on and of, a philips 865 lamps that cost 3 EUR

Funny thing, there are customers that follow this LED madness.

I think Maxspect are breaking the stereotype and making very desirable and original technology despite being a Chinese company. At least I think it's original and they are the ones being copied this time round.

P

But think how boring the hobby would be without choice.

100% agree with that. To able to choose is great and when competence increase the prices drop.

However the TMC choice to produce a re-branded from OEM suppliers in China, that is just idiot. The choice already exists and it is called ZETLIGHT.

How much are these zt 6600? I had a look at the link but couldn't see a price. Cheers Kirk.

Has any one used the maxpect razor for growing plants? I'm wondering what model to buy

Yes I have one, I purchased it off sanj on here, I realy like it's sleekness and colour.

Don't like the new price but was more than happy to drive to collect a second hand bargain one from a ukaps member.:)

It's quite funny when I tell some one I keep a fish tank.....They turn there noses up until they pop round and see our sleek set up....... Most look shocked and say oh!!.......... how technology has changed.:)

Back