• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tmc reg gauge

Martin Osmond

Hi, after setting up my fe to test that everything was working ok one of the gauges went from 50 bar to zero. I assumed this would mean that the extinguisher was empty but it is brand new so is obviously not. Any ideas ?

Have you tried the good old classic soapy water around the connections.
See if any bubbles come out.

The cylinder is still heavy, everything seems to be working fine, bubble counter works, needle valve adjusts fine, just the one gauge. Was only turned on for about 5 mins so i can't imagine it's a leak?

Is there anything coming out when you turn the reg on? Is the cylinder heavy still?

When I first turn the solenoid on without holding down the handle co2 comes out for a couple of mins then the working pressure drops to zero. If I then hold down the handle it starts working normally, until I release it, it then carries on releasing co2 for a couple of mins and then the working pressure drops to zero again. I assumed this was just a build up of pressure?

Yes i realise the handle needs to be down permanantly but as i bought the reg 2nd hand and have never done anything like this before i just wanted to check that everything works.
Have just tried it again and it did not let any co2 out when i turned it on but it carried on letting it out for a little while after i released the handle.
Any ideas on the gauge?

And the gauge (if its the one on your reg) will only show pressure when the handle is down. And just if your windering the small amound thats released after will not be enough to register on the gauge.

The working pressure gauge goes up when the handle is down, the other one which i assume lets me no how much co2 is left does not move. It was on aroud 50 bar before i first turned it on, it now stays on zero. Thanks for trying to help

Depress the handle, the pressure in the cylinder should register about 50 bar. Leave it depressed and adjust (if possible) the working pressure (second gauge). Then open solenoid and adjust needle valve.

First gauge should stay on roughly the same number (room temperature depending). Second gauge should too while running.

When solenoid closes, and the handle is still depressed, gas will still escape that's in the tubing. If you then released the handle, the gauges should stay the same as the CO2 is trapped in the reg. that's one way if checking for a leak on the reg. it should stay there till its all opened again.

Thanks martin but the gauge is at zero and does not move, it was at 50 before i connected it to the fe, as soon as i opened the fe it went to zero and has stayed there since.

Close the fe and let all the gas escape from the reg. Then take it off and put it back on. Open the fe and if the gauge doesn't go up it could be a faulty gauge.

Close the fe and let all the gas escape from the reg. Then take it off and put it back on. Open the fe and if the gauge doesn't go up it could be a faulty gauge.
Tried that, stayed at zero. Gave the gauge a bit of a whack and it went up to about 20 bar and has stayed there since. If it is a faulty gauge does that just mean i wont know when the fe is about to run out or do i need a whole new regulator?

It's entirely up to you. Me personally, I'd get a new reg. But, it does just mean you won't know when your getting near the end of the FE. Could be a problem if one day it stops and you don't have a spare. Could just keep getting stuck. Maybe just needs a couple knocks.

It's entirely up to you. Me personally, I'd get a new reg. But, it does just mean you won't know when your getting near the end of the FE. Could be a problem if one day it stops and you don't have a spare. Could just keep getting stuck. Maybe just needs a couple knocks.

Thanks for your help, will have a think about what im going to do.

Right so the gauge is now working however the whoke gauge is now getting sort of frosty which I assume is a leak although I cant gind one anywhere. The plastic washer that goes between the reg and extinguisher is damaged. Could that b causing this?

Back