• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Timelapse using a Rasberry Pi

castle

It's not great quality really, as it's using the pi camera, which is not so good at close range stuff. Taken over a 1 hour period, really just testing code.

If you're interested I'll post up the code tonight :)

Last edited:
Could you take a picture every hour during say a week or two to see the plants grow ??

Could you take a picture every hour during say a week or two to see the plants grow ??
Easily, problem with the pi camera would be light balancing. Might get that running with tank two, which isn't too far away. I'd do it slightly differently tho, and attach a light sensor to only take an image when light is above a set limit. Probably wouldn't do a photo every hour, more likely, I'd do an image every 10 minutes, for 8 hours a day for two months or so, that should be more interesting, but would loose the character of previous example, it's nice imo to see a slow snail more faster.

Interesting thread, I've just started playing with the Pi using it as the controller for EI dosing, one option for scheduling the time range for the active camera would be to use CRON scheduling, this is built into the OS and is very effective

Ah CRON is not necessary for this, but is certainly a proven way to do time related tasks in dos, I'm using Python which I can handle time relatively easily, and I've set the code up running iteratively by a daemon, I suspect this isn't going to be as optimised as CRON and bash scripts, but then I'm using Python, so it could never be ;).

What do you mean by controller? Just curious now :D

Back