• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Time to stop mucking about

Superb story and I applaud your ingenuity to make scapes that are flexible. I also love this style as you can continue to evoke your scape over time. Keep practicing and you'll improve quickly, as the evidence shows already.

Thanks rebel. I'm already in my 40s and I know my limits but I won't stop learning, that's for sure.

Last edited:
rz1OU5O.jpg

Current lighting's courtesy of two cheapo LED strips costing slightly below USD50 for both.

Dc7acmy.jpg

Here's the modified Jaqno prefilter serving as both a postfilter and CO2 reactor.

oXukk96.jpg

I usually rearrange during water draining but I'd already refilled the tank before losing my top and swung everything around after my limited artistic abilities got exhausted and I really wanted something very different.

The lighting sure reflected my mood then.

5y44mkq.jpg

Cheapo solenoid, cheapo valve and cheapo bubble counter. Definitely nothing to boast about but I guess the end result (tank) is what matters, right?

m6YOv54.jpg

No more nice layout to look at. Got some nice fresh Java ferns of a different type yesterday and collected the buces from an out of state dealer from the postal centre. Tied them to little pieces of driftwood. Also tied down a little bolbitis that's been floating around with its parent leaf in one of my shrimp tanks for the past few months.

68KlaEK.jpg

Will be cool if this broken off bit can survive the break from the little clump on top and take root in that hole.

xjCtOmB.jpg

It's amazing how much plant mass I'd managed to cramp and condense into the arrangement below last week.

FdnGiV8.jpg

1NwJBMV.jpg

Decided to try another arrangement but the mind's blank and the second attempt that day still looked shitty.

SMxGbnO.jpg

Last (sort of) arrangement before I get the keys to the new place next week which is why I'm not bothering to conceal some of the cups anymore.

Have switched to PPS - PRO because I've gotten more than what I'd bargained for with EI. Have lots of ferns in other parts of the house now since they've been growing like crazy.

Back