• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Time co2 takes on first setup

Weell Mark

Hi all I've just got my first co2 system up and running. I have a 350ltr corner tank, spray bar pump outlet and an in tank co2 diffuser mounted under the spray bar at the bottom of the tank with the thinking the water flow will disperse the co2 around the tank. I'm running 3drops a second and I've been running it two days now and the co2 drop indicators are still blue. How long on first setup would co2 take to circulate and build up enough to change the fluid colour? Hours/days/weeks?

The drop checker should change within hours, not days.

You may be better off placing the diffuser underneath the filter intake as that would keep the bubbles in suspension longer, than having it under the outflow.

If that adjustment doesn’t shift the drop checker colour you may need to increase the co2 injection rate, as it’s quite a large tank.

A photo of the full tank is always useful to help advise on distribution / flow. As are ph probes to aim for a pH drop of 1 at lights on.

The drop checker should change within hours, not days.

You may be better off placing the diffuser underneath the filter intake as that would keep the bubbles in suspension longer, than having it under the outflow.

If that adjustment doesn’t shift the drop checker colour you may need to increase the co2 injection rate, as it’s quite a large tank.

A photo of the full tank is always useful to help advise on distribution / flow. As are ph probes to aim for a pH drop of 1 at lights on.
Cool thankyou I will get a picture when back at home, I actually had it under the intake at first but then moved it thinking it would be better lol. I will move it back and see what happens. I will look up pH probes I just have the usual test kits for things like that.

Pictures as requested, you can see the two drop checkers and my spray bar setup. The atomiser is currently at the bottom (you can see the clear pipe) under the spray bar

Attachments

• 20220424_122242.jpg
    20220424_122242.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220424_122249.jpg
    20220424_122249.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 20220424_122254.jpg
    20220424_122254.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 20220424_122312.jpg
    20220424_122312.jpg
    1,019 KB · Views: 127
Well I moved my atomiser under the inlet and also fitted a new full spectrum led light to replace my fluorescent tubes and my drop checkers have gone greeny yellow so will stick with how it is now and see how it all goes from here 😁😁

Back