• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Three-spined stickleback

That's too bad about losing your swamp. I really don't understand why ppl who don't really like nature insist on augmenting it to suit themselves. A park? Like they could really stand being out in the sun that long anyway. Certainly not long enough to justify a park. It's good for business. Realtors get to say there's a park nearby now. Not like anyone's ever really gonna use it. People who enjoy the great outdoors would certainly prefer a swamp anyday. All this development is completely unnecessary. There's plenty of urban blight areas that could be redeveloped. I'm for a total moratorium on all development in wild habitats. Fix the ghettos and abandoned industrial wastelands first. People can live anywhere. They don't need to bulldoze swamps

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

It's something in people getting further away from nature when to many are put to close to it....

Few decades ago we had dozens wild life plots in our region. These where completely uncontroled by human activity, with very clear pools and teaming with all kinds of wild life.. that time our area still was a bit rural with farm lands and in between all these plots. It started to go down hill with economical expansion and building more urban neighbourhoods. More and more was builded and more people came living closer to these very clean natural places. And it seems if something is uncontroled, unguarded it's concidered an unmaintaned no mans land, free to do what you please and a permit to dump all kinds of crap without regards.

Than after a few years getting worse and worse it becommes a thorn in the local authorities eye. And when bureaucracy gets involved it's going to be destroyed and turned into a paved park, accesible for motorized lawn mowers and families with baby buggies etc.

And than all of a sudden, people think it is part of their neighbourhood again and respect it.. Nothing and realy absolutely nothing of the wildlife ponds i remember from my childhood is in it's original state, all is urbanized by now.

It happens all over the world.. Cramp to many people up near a natural invironment and it's going to be distroyed and urbanized. :) It is what it is..

Back