• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Threads not being marked as read

Spikey-Mike

Hello admins.

Love the new look forums - well done for getting it all together and looking so well.

When I read the forums I use the what's new link, browse the results for anything I want to look at and then use the button which takes you to the first unread message. When I back out of the thread, the aforementioned button does not change colour. If I do a refresh using f5, then the button goes a much lighter colour indicating that the thread is read. In the old forum, the behavior was that the button would change it's colour. I wonder if this can be done automatically on the new software?

It would also be a slight improvement, at least for me, if the button which takes you to the first unread message was a little larger.

Thanks again for your hard work, Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback, there is no need to click on the little button, when you click on the title it will take you to the first unread message anyway.

Also when you reading the forum and you reach the bottom of a message there is a "New Posts" button on the right hand side that will give you the unread posts only, makes navigation much easier.

Hope that helps

Ah, thanks Paulo.

I hadn't noticed the behavior of clicking on the title to get to the first unread message - that's great. The "New Posts" button is a good idea as well.

Thanks for the info,
Cheers, Mike.

Back