• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

This planted is no walk in the park is it :-)

Frenchi

Hi ppl
I set off with this planted tank game quite a while ago now and if I'm honest without this forum it would have been a complete waste of time.. Thank by the way!
It's a constant battle trying to keep one up to scratch, the problem is every time you try something different it takes so long to see if the changes are working!!
Anyway my main tank is doing ok now but I still wonder if I'm doing things right, I'm dosing standard Ei and full co2 at the moment but my main plants in there are java ferns of different types... I noticed that some of them are getting algae on the leaves when I say algae it's very small amount really ..
My question is should I be dosing full Ei or is there any other suggestions ? Should I be adding any other ingredient that my plants would benefit from.. I like them to be a bit more greener than what they are ??

As I said your help is much appreciated

Mick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My lighting is 2x 54 watt t5s 9000 k each .. Day bulbs I have them on from 12 noon to 20:30

012106e469e583512ee1ff1b41aa0c81.jpg

Just to show you the micro sword plants smack in the middle just seem to algae up rather than spread they have been in there over a month now?? I have set some root tabs under there too?

There might be a distribution/circulation problem, you have a lot of plantmass that can obstruct flow.

Yes there is but looking at my picture just in the centre gap to the right hand side I added a 650lph power head plus I have 2 other inlets from external filters one on a spray bar at the back pointing down which the co2 comes out of an the other sis from a duck bill from the far left pointing to the front of the tank but angles toward the middle .. If that makes sense ?

Wel, the plants say there is a problem, so i would start with adjusting the flow anyway.
I've angled the power head more toward the surface and twisted the spraybar/co2 inlet downward from the top of the tank at the rear toward the middle of the tank.. Just hope the power head isn't pushing the co2 out to the surface ??

Thanks

Time to harvest for sure... The sides are doing so well cutting them back would help the other plants get a look in on the nutrients and co2 distribution.

Looks great though so I wouldn't be upset about your creation it looks lovely...

Time to harvest for sure... The sides are doing so well cutting them back would help the other plants get a look in on the nutrients and co2 distribution.

Looks great though so I wouldn't be upset about your creation it looks lovely...
Thanks for the suggestions and compliments.. I'm going to to a good trim on it as soon as possible

Advent
I trimmed back all the plant mass last week .. Re arranged the flow etc and I must say things are happening its growth rate has really sped up!

Cheers :)

5465ae50137de4efe627b26b574db8d3.jpg

Looks fantastic. Well done... Would be better with a shoal of harlequins or black tetras maybe... All swimming together...

Is that all corys on the bottom is one of them a SAE?

Just an update on this tank and how it's doing since flow adjusted ect..
I'm still convinced it needs more flow but it does seem to be growing slowly

What's your thoughts please
4b72562b6a499b6006f8bada3a25057c.jpg

Edit I did trim a lot back aswell to aid flow :)

Another update here since I added a powerhead things are really starting to grow :)
b881a4f71431267b08df358633d3747d.jpg

Back