• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Third time's a charm 60P

Oetloet

I already posted the same thing on the welcome forum, but i came across the journal threads and thought this would suit better since i planned to keep a journal.

Hello everyone my name is Bart and i am from the Netherlands.
I started this hobby about 1 year ago, tried different things with a 30L nano but that did not worked out.
Soon after i bought a nice used 60P set with injected CO2 ADA aquasky etc. I tried a scape and it worked out decent.
Despite i already wanted to make changes very soon en the plant choice was not very good it became a little messy and did not looked natural the way i intented.
Also i was struggling with Staghorn algea wich i could not get 100% under control.. I think the cause was my dosing regime.

Last weekend i cleaned everything up and started from scratch, the hardscape is now 90% done and i am quite happy about it. In the foreground will come ada colorado sand with details of Rio xingu gravel.

The plants i have ordered are the following:

Bolbitus heudelotii
Microsorum windelov
Microsorum trident
Crypto crispatula
Elocharis acucularis mini
Hygrophilia siamensis 53b
Ludwigia palustris
Anubias petite
Anubias bonais
Buce sp red
Hygrophilia pinnatifida

And some left over from my old scape

Crypto wendtii
Crypto Parva
Crypto undulatus red

Im measuring with the 1-ph drop method for CO2, and planning to dose All in one from the Plantedbox and probbly adding some phospate, in my old scape i had problems with greenspot algae.

Today finished the hardscape and did the planting! I was very excited for this moment and i am pretty happy how it turned out!! :cool:
The plants i had ordered matched perfect not a single leftover and planted pretty dense.

Water is already starting to clear up, filter was already cycled and added 30liters of water from my qaurantine tank where i put my fish in for the last 4 days.
Hoping to get things going without major problems now!!

I will try to keep a journal in this thread, next up will be looking for 2 eyecatchers fishies i am looking in to a couple of apistogramma. Might visit the fish store next saturday :)

Attachments

• Hardscape.jpg
    Hardscape.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 300
  • New1.jpg
    New1.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 200
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 192
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 176
Great hardscape i did something similar in my 45p with the wood and rocks love the scape and nice to have you here bart

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

HI Everyone,

After a good night rest the lights went on, started the PH-1 drop measuring and the co2 is almost spot on.

08:30 ph 7,50
10:00 the co2 goes on

11:00 6,86
12:00 6,70

At the 12:00 the lights goes on, need to turn ithe co2 up a little more.

Water is a little cloudy but that is startup thingy if i remember. One thing caught my eye and i had the same problem in my last scape.
There is a dead spot of circulation in the right corner. I marked it on the picture. I am using a Eheim 700lph pump and in the left corner the Eheim skimmer so enough power i think..

Any tips or tricks? I am still a newcomer so im curious about your thoughts.

Thanks.

Attachments

• new 4_LI.jpg
    new 4_LI.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 175
Did a visit to one of the local fish shops today, bought 10 sakura red shrimps and 1 apistogramma cacatuoides small male. There were no more female's in stock i have ordered 2 wich will come in a few weeks.
He is still a little shy hiding between the plants, some times coming to the front of the scape to explore. Looking forward to see him grow up and cruising around the tank 😃

Took some photo's with my phone trying to expirement. The amano worked out quiete good and sharp :) same for the oto's.

Tommorow time for the first big water change.

Attachments

• fish 4.jpg
    fish 4.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 143
  • fish 3.jpg
    fish 3.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 140
  • fish 5.jpg
    fish 5.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 155
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 130
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 148
Nice tank and setup. I love the dark red Sakura, great contrast on the scape.
Thanks! The orange of the rasbora’s and cherry barbels (puntius titteya) also match very good. Will be even better when everything starts to grow and mature plantwise :)

Soo.. my apistogramme deciced to jump out of the tank... Came back after work last thursday and he was lying on the floor next to the tank.
rip little guy. That was the sad part...

Good part is that the plants are doing amazing, good growth en colors are coming through on the ludwiga. Did some cutting on the backside of the tank and replanting the stems of ludwiga en hygrophilia.
Also trimmed the top part of the eleocharis grass.

Tested my water twice for No3 en Po4 this week, these levels are alright i think. Need to keep a eye on the No3 this level should be around 10 i believe..

Po4 - 1
No3 - 4

So far so good!

Attachments

• new8.jpg
    new8.jpg
    878.2 KB · Views: 155
  • new9.jpg
    new9.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 157
Back