• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Things you don't see everyday.

John q

Thread title says it all really... Post your anecdotes, or pics of things you don't see everyday.

I'll start with an insanely modified Honda C90, bored out to 190cc and Nitrous oxide injection.

20220617_194456.jpg
20220617_194439.jpg

I see you, and raise one confused stallion that insists on coming inside for oats.

Sue me for the mess. Three 21-year-olds shacking together on a farmhouse in the pandemic.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.32.32 AM.png

1954 MV Agusta Monomoto 60 cc Superleggera
-MV%2BAgusta%2BMonomoto%2B60%2Bcc%2BSuperleggera-2.jpg

-MV%2BAgusta%2BMonomoto%2B60%2Bcc%2BSuperleggera-1.jpg

This legendary machine was only built as a one-off prototype...
Luigi-Bandini.jpg

As reported it was test ridden by a young wealthy Italian racer named Luigi Bandini during the practice session for the Milano-Taranto road race in 1954. Unfortunately, Luigi Bandini lost control in poor conditions. And he passed away during the incident. Since then, Bandini's father, Count Enzio Bandini was grief-stricken and subsequently forbade anyone to ride or even see the machine. Its whereabouts were tracked down and photographed again somewhere in 2004 then it disappeared again into a private collection and nobody knows where it is today.

The machine was built and obviously exists the story around it is a little mystery and never officially confirmed.

I’d love to see someone actually riding that.

I tried to find any footage but it doesn't seem to exist, at least not on the internet... A few other more modern concepts exist that are balanced electronically with some kind of gyroscope, but hence that is cheating with modern techniques and not really a true stunt.

If the story is really true I'm actually not surprised the test driver didn't survive it... This would be an impossible circus balancing act doomed to fail. But I can imagine that back then there always would be somebody idiot enough to try. In those days the racing industry was completely bonkers anyway and all drivers must have had some kind of death wish with no safety belts no roll cages 0 safety at all over 100 miles per hour in a soap box on wheels.

It seems the driver's wealthy family covered the story up in grief and it never really reached the media... The machine exists that's not a hoax, the test drive story remains a bit of an intriguing legend.

the history of your water pump.

That still remains a mystery as well, I gave up on it... I contacted several still-existing foundries and they all were intrigued and forwarded the pictures to old retired employees. There was nobody found who knew its initials and or origin... Probably a limited edition from a very small company.

Back