• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thermo Filters

Tankless

What are currently the best thermo filters for reliability?

How does the Eheim 250T or 350T fare in the long term?

This would be for an Aquascaper 600 and potentially and Aquascaper 900 in future. I currently have an Aquael Ultramax 1500 which is giving me issues.

Not sure what a thermo filter is.

Oase has a line of filters they call "Thermo". Eheim does not call it's filters "thermo".

???

I got the word from Oase and Eheim, they call there filters with an integrated heater, thermofilters. For example Ehiem refer to the 250T and the 350T as thermofilters.

I have the Eheim 350T, it’s been running for 4,5 years now. I keep the temperature at 22C and haven’t had any problems with the heater so far.

I have the Eheim 350T, it’s been running for 4,5 years now. I keep the temperature at 22C and haven’t had any problems with the heater so far.

How do you find the overall flow? What size tank do you use it for?

The flow rate of my Aquael 1500 ultramax is near non existent (Second time I've had an issue with it in my near 24 month ownership). I've decided that I'll be purchase an Eheim 350T. My only conundrum is that within the next two years I'd like to upgrade to the ADA 90p or the EA 900 (or something similar). Would the 350T with a powerhead/pump or in line with my backup filter (my very old eheim ecco pro 2032) be enough flow wise for a c02 injected tank? I'd appreciate input from anyone that has a tank bigger than the EA 600.

Edit: Fixed the issue with the filter and now it's working perfectly. No longer need to consider purchasing another one.

Last edited:
How do you find the overall flow? What size tank do you use it for?
The tank is 175L (50*50*70cm). I have a spray bar at the back (full length) and the flow is good and stable, but the flow doesn't hit the front glass. I run a Koralia nano pump along with it. I think the filter would do better in a tank which is less deep, but overall I like it.
Good you got the Aquael fixed!

The flow rate of my Aquael 1500 ultramax is near non existent (Second time I've had an issue with it in my near 24 month ownership). I've decided that I'll be purchase an Eheim 350T. My only conundrum is that within the next two years I'd like to upgrade to the ADA 90p or the EA 900 (or something similar). Would the 350T with a powerhead/pump or in line with my backup filter (my very old eheim ecco pro 2032) be enough flow wise for a c02 injected tank? I'd appreciate input from anyone that has a tank bigger than the EA 600.

Edit: Fixed the issue with the filter and now it's working perfectly. No longer need to consider purchasing another one.

Hi, may I ask what was the issue? Thanks :)

I had decreased flow rate, increased air intake from the filter and the motor was being noisy. The issue was that bits of filter floss had made its way into the impellor area. After two attempts of removing it all, the filter was working back as normal.

Edit: Just to add to this, I has similar issues when I first purchased the filter. At the item the cause was blobs of grease being stuck somewhere within the filter (whoever greased it from factory didn't do it correctly) but the issue resolved itself within two or three weeks of running. The white blobs of grease eventually made its way into my tank to be removed.

Last edited:
Back