• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

There ara too many holes…

Ömer Karaahmet

Hello folks,
There are holes in my plants and there is a layer of oil on the water. I do 50% water changes twice a week. I use Tropica specialized Nutrition also Seachem Excel. Lighting time 8 hours. Co2 is always sufficient. What should I do to make my plants healthier and without holes?

Attachments

• 1F9C999D-C0F6-4729-B785-C713602FD244.jpeg
    1F9C999D-C0F6-4729-B785-C713602FD244.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 255
  • 52D15EF6-F0FA-4E44-866B-3ED5249DD6F1.jpeg
    52D15EF6-F0FA-4E44-866B-3ED5249DD6F1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 405
  • C782F8F1-2196-46AB-AFF8-69B66D4E8475.jpeg
    C782F8F1-2196-46AB-AFF8-69B66D4E8475.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
Hi
My plan of action would be to trim the Buce leaves that are melting you might be able to save them before the rot affects the stalks/rhizome.
Ditch the Excel.
Do the biggest water change possible.
Or remove the Buce and try and grow them in an emersed set-up!

The new leaves on the red root floater look healthy....remove all the disintegrating leaves with holes...they can't be saved.
The anubias look like emersed plants....therefore may take sometime to grow new submerged leaves.

Hi
My plan of action would be to trim the Buce leaves that are melting you might be able to save them before the rot affects the stalks/rhizome.
Ditch the Excel.
Do the biggest water change possible.
Or remove the Buce and try and grow them in an emersed set-up!

The new leaves on the red root floater look healthy....remove all the disintegrating leaves with holes...they can't be saved.
The anubias look like emersed plants....therefore may take sometime to grow new submerged leaves.
Thank you for yout reply, I will do my best. My main question is: Why shouldn't I use Excel? Some Aquascapers think it's too good.

Hello folks,
There are holes in my plants and there is a layer of oil on the water. I do 50% water changes twice a week. I use Tropica specialized Nutrition also Seachem Excel. Lighting time 8 hours. Co2 is always sufficient. What should I do to make my plants healthier and without holes?

I confess that I used Excel regularly a long time ago as part of regular dosing. I admit that I was so impressed by Seachem marketing and all the Seachem fanboy reviews on the internet that I also bought their magic Bacteria, prime (ok Prime is actually good, but the smell...), Matrix, Flourish, etc.....

But after discovering UKAPS I had took a long hard look at what was necessary and what was unnecessary. For a CO2 injected tank, you need to get your CO2 perfect. Adding Excel isn't going to help you if your CO2 isn't perfect. And if your CO2 is perfect, you won't need to dose Excel regularly. :)

However, Excel is an effective spot treatment for BBA, which still occasionally occurs in the Bucephelandra that is next to my CO2 diffusor, 2hr aquarist also mentions that there seems to be a correlation between BBA and Buces in the path of strong CO2 mist. When my Excel runs out, I will try out APT Fix (it could be a more concentrated form of Excel- i.e. you can use less for the same effect, thus saving money).

Thank you for yout reply, I will do my best. My main question is: Why shouldn't I use Excel? Some Aquascapers think it's too good.
Hi I think is best to stop dosing as you have various issues going on plant health wise.
Its just my opinion but if the plants are struggling its another additive that the plants will have to deal with, which is not good if you have leaf melt!

Back