• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The X Factor

I've been watching The X Factor since it fist started and of course am watching it this year! (Like I hope so many of you are.)

My favourites are Diana and Rachel but Austin is good too, so is Alexandra and maybe Laura/Ruth. But Diana and Rachel and probably Austin are my main faves.

Who do you like?

Each year X Factor seems to be getting more and more fake. Everybody has had problems. Everyone has a story etc. Like a Soap Opera. I do watch it though because I like to hear people sing/perform live good and bad and then I like to hear Simon give honest reviews whilst the others are blinded by the stories. However I can't agree totally with your 'favs'. lol.

My opinion (from the beginning)
Bad Lashes - Not good enough to be last 12

Girl Band - As above

Scott - Worse than the 2 above and boring with it.

Ruth - This woman is sex on legs. Was really cool when she first sand some spanish in a song. Soon got boring though. Didn't think she'd be as good until the live shows started.

Rachel - I can't stand her. She has a powerful voice and can sing powerful snogs but failed boot camp and the second stage and shouldn't have got through. Was the worst performer for both of the first 2 weeks and should already be out. Was better tonight but still not in tune. Doesn't strike me as a very nice person either. too much story. Rude, know it all. Maybe I just don't like her.

Laura White - She can sing, is powerful but doesn't really make an impression on me.

JLS - Oh no not another boy band. These guys are good though and 3 of them can sing (the louder one could do with walking. lol) I quite enjoy them

Eoghan - EVery series has the young boy for the ah factor and granny votes. Can't sing though. Not overly impressed.

Diane Vickers - Don't know what it is because her voice sems to struggle through most of the songs but she has something. Shes not the pretties girl in the competition. Shes not got the best voice in the competition. Something works though and the 'perceived' (true ot fake) vulnerability she shows comes through and somehow makes each song sound 10x better than it actually is.

Daniel - Shouldn't have got to the final 12. suzie was much much better. He has a story though and that gets votes (and ratings.) Not very tuneful. A little bland. I prefer the adverts.

Austin - This chap has an awesome voice and I though his version of the Chris Cornell version of Billie Jean was awesome. Yet another pretty boy with yet another story but his voice lets you ignore that and appreciate a talent.

Alexandra Burke - She was my favourite to win from her audition (for this series.) Incredible voice. Beautiful. Great body. Something is getting me a little bored with her though. Are there not enough 'warbling' girls/women in the charts already drowning out instrumental breaks with their boring predictable beyonce/mariah 'voice solos' replacing instrumental solos? She does have the best voice in the cometition IMO and she is definately appealing to the eye but nothing new, there are tons of them.

My prediction (although it has changed a couple of times already) for the final 3 are:
JLS, Austin, Diane. The latter was Alexandra pre live shows.

AC

Okay, this is my opinion on everyone

Bad Lashes - I originally preferred them to Girl Band but wasn't so sure when the live shows came around. They shouldn't have made the live shows though, but there wasn't really a better alternative group to be honest.

Girl Band - same.

Scott - he was growing on me, but nothing special about him. He shouldn't have gone to Daniel last night.

Ruth - I dunno... never used to appeal to me but is again growing on me. She has definately proved that she can sing after Purple Rain and last night's song. I just don't really get her though.

Rachel - I understand how people can not like her because of how 'forward' she is but that's what I like about her. I just find her the most real and genuine person because she isn't nesessarily making herself as 'polished' as the others are in the competition. She has such a unique voice and I know she can give more than she already has. She's good but i know a lot of people won't get what she's about and will have perceptions of her.

Laura - she can sing, I guess but she's not really doing it for me. Just doesn't really appeal to me.

JLS - the groups never really appeal to me for some reason. Same goes for these guys, but they are okay I guess.

Eoghan - won't last too long. That's it really.

Diana - really unique voice and I really like her. I know though, like Rachel a lot of people won't get her etc. I just hope she can pull of each thing (like big band, disco, etc) but I know she will.

Daneil - can't sing. Shouldn't be in the competition over Scott.

Austin - he's great.

Alexandra - not as great as I thought she would be, I thought she would really stand out but not so much. It's maybe all still too diva - Mariah, Christina this week. She hasn't given that WOW performance for me yet.

I don't think there's really one or two people that REALLY stand out as winners for me this year. The general standard is definately really high this year once you exclude people like Daniel.

What you've got to remember though, is last year Leon was rubbish for the first few weeks and then upped his game and went on to win. Obviously, this isn't gonna happen from Daniel but it most likely will happen to quite a few others and they will begin to stand out. I'm not sayint Leon 'stood out' exactly, but he made the final and won over Rydian who was a great singer and this could happen again this year.

Austin will be int he final hands down. I'm not sure about anyone else though, anything could happen. I think JLS might be and then it'll maybe be between Laura and Alexandra. Not sure though. As much as I like Diana, I don't think she'll be in the final.

Thomas McMillan said:
Rachel - I understand how people can not like her because of how 'forward' she is but that's what I like about her. I just find her the most real and genuine person because she isn't nesessarily making herself as 'polished' as the others are in the competition. She has such a unique voice and I know she can give more than she already has. She's good but i know a lot of people won't get what she's about and will have perceptions of her.

It's not through any perceptions of Rachel nor that I don't get what she is about. Her problem is that for her to win she needcs to sing and get everything perfect on stage and then keep her mouth shut when the song finishes. She has a great voice but once she opens her mouth 'when not singing the song' she is arrogant and I don't care about any of the contestants 'tales of woe'. They have no consequence with me. If I watch I want to see a good performer. If they just listen to the judges comments then you just judge them on the song. This is why they do the 'intro bits before the performance. They know that it also determines the way some people will vote as it would me (if I voted.)

Problem is 3 weeks, 3 performances and Rachel hasn't sung a song in tune yet. Coupled with her arrogance, and mouthy personality and total failures at all but the first audition and she has proved nothing and is way behind the front runners already. I personally think if she gets toward the latter stages she will end up getting over confident in herself and crash, either by forgetting the lyrics (yet again) or by thinking she can say whatever she wants.

I think Austin has the best all round appeal in the competition, JLS will get the 'black' vote and Diana has the alternative appeal. Alexandra has the best voice in the competition but there are so many acts in the business like what she is doing she won't win. Therefore seeing as she is the prettiest in the competition she can come and sing for me if she wants. lol

AC

I just noticed a few more things I didn't like whilst the wife watched it.

1 - Rachel when she was near the end of the song and waiting to do the final 'long' finishing note nodding to the crowd like a boxer does implying 'how good am I'. I like her even less now. lol

2 - Daniel's tears at the end of his song which he soooo quickly recovers from and then as he walks away after being 'saved' clenching his fist in a 'come on' way. What 'respect' he has for his dead wife that he uses her as the sympathy vote to stay in a talent show. How many times will it work?

I normally only listen to it whilst doing something else and don't see many of these little things.

AC

i like Rachel but it is when she goes off on one with her loud mouth. Like the other night after she had finished and she started saying "you guys are the best, you are 'mazin" (to the band) rather than just saying thankyou and you are great. You know what i mean?

top 3 for me are: Laura, Austin, JLS

although i dont like JLS

aaronnorth said:
i like Rachel but it is when she goes off on one with her loud mouth. Like the other night after she had finished and she started saying "you guys are the best, you are 'mazin" (to the band) rather than just saying thankyou and you are great. You know what i mean?
I don't wanna be mean or seem racist in anyway, but you just can't educate people over night, she had a pretty rough past, and this is her way out to a better life, lets hope she can pull it off.

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
I don't wanna be mean or seem racist in anyway, but you just can't educate people over night, she had a pretty rough past, and this is her way out to a better life, lets hope she can pull it off.

i know about her past etc but surely she would be able to control her mouth abit more?

lets hope she can pull it off

i hope so too, but if anything would ruin it for her, like i said before, it would be her arrogance.

I watch this year on year and I think this is the best year for the last 2 or so.

My opinion (from the beginning)

GROUPS

Bad Lashes - Beter than girlband but not good enough really....

Girl Band - How.... Really how did they make it that far???

JLS - Best of the groups but not amazing. still entertaining though.

I think the Jackson 4 should have made it through....

BOYS

Scott - Once a blue coat always a blue coat.....

Eoghan - As Said.... Every series has the young boy for the ah factor and granny votes. He can sing but not anything great

Austin - Good best of the boys but not outstanding.....

OVERS

Ruth - Getting better and better. Purple Rain and Big Band week made her a top 5/6 contender. Not a winner though

Rachel - I too can't stand her. She has a powerful voice and can sing powerful song. But not consistant as in boot camp. Time will tell.

Daniel - sympathy vote.... can't stand him. bad singer one of the worst of the top 12..

GIRLS

Laura White - She can sing, is powerful spot on has a few issues with some notes but one of my favs.

Diane Vickers - My fav of the comp. Not everyones cup of tea but i think she is unique and would make a good album....

Alexandra Burke - Nothing wrong with this girl she can sing and is probably the one that would be ready to record now but not a hit artist. she is too same old same old.......

Final 3 The girls all by themselves. there the best 3 maybe a Boy might get a teen vote to upset that and maybe rachel or Ruth might pop a few crackers out to secure a place....

Behold said:
Ruth might pop a few crackers out to secure a place....

Lets hope the X Factor wardrobe finds a badly fitting dress. He, he. They've given us a few 'tasters' so far. lol

Austin has an awesome voice. can't see why you think its nothing special.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Behold said:
Ruth might pop a few crackers out to secure a place....

Lets hope the X Factor wardrobe finds a badly fitting dress. He, he. They've given us a few 'tasters' so far. lol

Austin has an awesome voice. can't see why you think its nothing special.

AC

LOL you could knock someone out if they we left unrestrained....

As to austin im not saying he is bad and i agree his billie jean was good (I also agree with the judges David Cook did it better) but something for me just doesn't click.

Errrr Blonde is not disco..... is Louie an idiot....

I can't beleive how they keep saying Rachel has more to give and keeping her in??

She has a great voice but has a limited variety, one style and hasn't sung a single song in tune in the live shows yet.

Add to that her mess up tonight and through the other stages after the initial auditions and something says to me that her story is worth more than her ability (to perform on the night!!!)

Funny thing tonight though I was saying to my wife that JLS were starting to remind me of a good old fashioned male quartet like the four tops and then ten minutes later they did a good old fashioned male quartet song (albeit seasons and not tops. lol)

Top performances tonight were for me Diane and JLS.

Laura has a superb voice but doesn't interest me. She reminds me of Lisa Stansfield (voicewise as she hasn't got as bad a haircut)

Alexandra has an even better voice IMO but just bores me now. Diva after Diva song and nothing new. shame because she is fit as. lol

Ruth is still sex on legs but her singing lets her down and I think its time for her to become a star in spain.

Contrary to the judges opinions I thought Daniel sounded really good tonight and sounded realistic with his song for a change. Still hate his 'fake' tears and clenched fist of victory last week after using his wife's death story to get the sympathy vote through, even though Scott was also an also ran.

Final 3 will now be Laura, Diane, JLS. I think JLS may pip Diane to it because they are becoming increasingly likeable, enjoyable and all round performers. Diane is very good to but I don't think she has as much of a widespread appeal.

Hopefully next year backgrounds / history storylines are banned from the start and people can just judge performances rather than 'deserving a chance in life'

AC

p.s. I agree with Louis on that song. Blondie turned into pop disco when they became popular to much criticism for 'selling out' but that song was toward the end of their punk rock sound!!! She still did a great job though.

What a show!

I knew Diana could pull it off again - she always can and that song was faultless as usual. I've liked her from the beginning and I'm so surprised at how many other people are saying that they like her aswell, not because she's not a good singer but because of her quirkiness. I think she might actually get to the final because of this.

I'm feelin' JLS more nowadays, I reckon they will make the final.

I dunno what it is about Alexandra, Laura and Ruth but they're just a bit too generic for me, there's nothing special about them to be honest.

Eoughen is growing on me. A little bit. He should be out in the next few weeks though.

Daniel should have gone yesterday. He did better, still should have gone though.

I don't know what those two were doing in the bottom two. Rachel, as much as I like her I could accept her in the bottom two but Austin?! I had him down to definately be in the final! As I said, Daniel should have gone.

Is it just me or is Cheryl Cole getting more and more annoying?

Danii is out of her depth and doesn't know what she's doing BUT seems to accept this, whereas Cheryl seems to think she is and expert. Really getting on my nerves with her gobs**** 'having a go' at Simon.

Can we vote her off next week? I would actually pick the phone up and dial if it were possible ;)

AC

She is supposed to be there to look good . problem is she looks like a skeleton these days. She has 'lost' so much weight since she first 'came to fame' and did look quite nice then. She just looks like a prettier version of posh now.

Tom - every week:

'x. dont you ever tell me again that.....after that'

Just shut up woman and take a little criticism....from your boss!!!

AC

Back